Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD!!! PRS SE Custom 24

Thread: NGD!!! PRS SE Custom 24

Post Thanks / Like

Red face NGD!!! PRS SE Custom 24

Picked up this litte beauty today. £399! Over £250 off, beacuse they are promoting the new 2012 edition.

Lovely playing guitar, zebra humbuckers, 24 frets and a whammy bar. Sounds fab through the Fender Vibro Champ too.

Pics... You got it...

Last one is alongside my old faithful Telecaster.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking ...hows the quality????

Post Thanks / Like

Build quality is very nice, the fretboard is lovely, the neck radius just fat enough. Not as fat as the tele, which makes for a nice playing experience. I'd also never thought that .5 inch in scale length would make so much difference too. PRS really got the idea right. Stretchy chords are easier and the strings have more give under them for huge bends.

I'm really made up with it. The only thing I'm a little dissapointed about is the tuners - which while decent enough - need fine adjustment everytime the whammy is just touched.

The pickups have a lot of character and hold onto distorition and gain well. I was able to get some nice controlled feedback from her with a couple of 'squeelies' easily.

A very nice guitar at this price point, and with only £100 more expensive than my mexican tele, the quality difference is noticeable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice! I like the mildly flamed top.
    HNGD!

Post Thanks / Like

sweet. Enjoy! dig the tuner too! Best 13$ I spent in a long time.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Get some lube into those nut slots and I'll bet you wont have to adjust your tuning very often.

I really like the looks of that guitar.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats and enjoy!

Zebra pickups are perfect for the natural flame/rosewood combo.
    Nothing is anything until it is written. After that, it's everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Get some lube into those nut slots and I'll bet you wont have to adjust your tuning very often.

I really like the looks of that guitar.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go when I change the strings. Would graphite work as well, I've used it on my tele before, or am I better off purchasing some proper stuff (big bend suace or similar)?

Post Thanks / Like

The sauce works great.Remember stirings will stretch at first so you will tune more often a few times.Most nuts are not slotted right so if the strings are binding take a very small thin file(they make files just for this) and slot the nut in a delicate manner!!! A pencil or graphite piece will work great for the nut.I use a pencil myself cause im an old fart but have wanted to try the nut sauce.................A graphtech nut will solve all!!!

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, nice guitar.

I have a mint PRS SE Singlecut Tremolo guitar in tobacco flame burst that is super nice and looks very similar in the finish. I got this mint SE for 200 dollars out the door.

I use powdered graphite in a small tube that you get at a hardware store for small change and it is a couple years I've had it without it running out.

Also, I installed "direct drop in replacement tuners" called "locking mini-Grovers. Sure enough they dropped right in with no reaming and fit perfectly. They are automatic locking with a cam inside that turns and presses against the string in the hole. You just turn the knob and they lock and tune up. They are way nicer tuners and they hold tune very well; they just work a lot better too, fine tuning and just plain turning them is smooth. Noticeable improvement over the stock ones.

I really like the stock pickups in my Singlecut. I think they rival some pickups costing a lot more. Those PRS SE's are nice guitars.

Congratulations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That sounds really nice, Duffy.
    Oh, and