Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SVL'S Pedal Board Build - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SVL'S Pedal Board Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    Personally I like Tigs idea. I would need the option to rip out a pedal and possibly throw out the window and replace with my new best pedal.I do like that chain link idea if you have a certain setup and plan to gig with it. JMHO!!!!
    I don't know squat about pedal boards! But...
    I have used the 3M velcro for years in building racks and servers, etc. You get used to the good stuff, and it's hard going back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I don't know squat about pedal boards! But...
    I have used the 3M velcro for years in building racks and servers, etc. You get used to the good stuff, and it's hard going back.
    Look! Here it is! Marketed specifically for pedal boards!

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Grip-Ped...l+board+velcro

Honestly, the 3M industrial is the way I think I am going to go. Easier to move stuff around, etc. the only negative is removing it if you go to sell a pedal. Can you get the stuff come off if you want it to Tig?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can roll off most of the goo with your thumb unless it has been in the heat a long time.
    Some goof off citrus would work for anything stubborn.

Edit: Now remember why I thought of heat. I used to have a recycled mat in the bed of my truck that was fastened with the 3M tape. The adhesive backing lasted a few years in the elements before loosing grip. It was a pain to get off the metal bed, but considering the abuse, it makes sense. A truck bed in the Texas sun can burn your skin instantly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default SVL'S Pedal Board Build

Here is my "pedalboard case". It is a 50's era Samsonite suitcase I got for $10 off eBay. It will hold a pedaltrain pt-3 size board which is what I am building. Seems pretty sturdy. Now to confirm my real world measurements and finish building the board. I will add some foam to fit over the top of the board for transport and may or may not use the dividers along with the foam.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Nice suitcase...but you'll never cook a decent lunch in it.

I'd leave the dividers in place. If the latches still work for the dividers you can store the board in one side and your cables on the other. Makes it easy to get the board out without a pile of cables in the way.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep thats a winner..........fo-sho

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It needs handcuffs for the full effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12