Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
So I got my butt plumbed today . . .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I got my butt plumbed today . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default So I got my butt plumbed today . . .

You know, that thing you do after you turn 50. Everything came out fine (harhar). The prep day was not as uncomfortable as i thought it might be. Fasting in the morning followed by magnesium citrate and dulcolax in the after noon. And my mind wanted to mess with me a bit, but I fought that down as best I could with focusing on my pedal board build, and by getting some practice in.

The procedure itself was a non-event. They get you set up in the gown, give you the juice to start the nap, and before you know it it is over. No worries really.

I post this really as an effort to get folks who are turning 50 when all should go get one done, or are a little younger (so most of us), that have risk factors to get up off their butt and make an appointment and do it. IT is not an easy thing to think about and commit to doing, but well worth it. And once you make the decision and get going, it is really not that big a deal. Certainly better than draggin one's feet and missing an opportunity to catch a polyp or two before it turns into something, etc.

So, I am treating myself to a fine beer tonight and relaxing with my guitar and family!

Cheers all!

And seriously, if you are in the relevant age group or have family risk factors, go get it done. Really is not a big deal and can potentially save some bigger problems later on!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah, the joys of a colonoscopy! The big gallon or so of "cleansing" liquid is some seriously nasty stuff. I've never managed to drink more than half before the 2 times I've been down that road. (thanks to the "Franklin colon" from my mother's side, I had to start getting those around 40)

I'm glad you came out with a clean bill of health, among other clean sections. You should be good for several years unless any issues crop up, or another 100,000 miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

2 bottles of Magnesium Citrate a couple hours apart, leap frogging two sets of 3 ducolax tablets each. Actually, though not pleasant, it was not that bad. The worst thing was that the Seahawks game I was going to watch between trips to the bathroom was not on in our area.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I remember about the last one I had...
    I scheduled the procedure for a Monday. I failed to realize that I would be downing the prep on Sunday, which happened to be FATHERS DAY!!
    What a dope.
    'Bout time for another one too.

Post Thanks / Like

Gad you passed the exam. I just had my second one done last year (I'm 56) and I'm good for 10 years!!

Way back in the day, the prep truly was nasty with the worst-tastin'-stuff-God-ever-created. Now, it's relatively harmless as I took the mix and added it to Lemon Gatorade.

Listen up guys......if you're 50, you need to get this done.......along with getting your PSA checked periodically.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh, congratulations Grasshopper.

I remember my first fondly...I watched the whole thing on the monitor. It was like the movie Fantastic Voyage. I kept thinking, "wow, if a hamster had a headlamp this is what he'd see."

Mostly I remember being really gassy and crampy afterward.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Never did it yet, I guess I should. Next month I hit the big 60 so I'm overdue ~

Post Thanks / Like

Good on SVL to explain that the "modern" prep is no big deal.

That reminds me... if allowed, I should post a PSA about the other one often neglected by men, their prostate health!
    I know a bit about that...
    The PSA test is cheap, second opinions on possible early signs are plentiful, early detection avoids a lot of trouble...

And generally, if you feel like your doc is not up to task, just move and pick another one. A cousin failed to do that and went on way too long before curative treatment could have, IMHO, put him in "controlled" mode, i.e. disease in out there, just reigned in.
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need a new "More Info Than I Needed" sub-forum....

Seriously, it's an important test to have done for us "seniors"....
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

It just dawned on me that you never have to worry about playing solid state now that you've been fully tubed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    It just dawned on me that you never have to worry about playing solid state now that you've been fully tubed.

OMG.....I'm laughing so hard I gotta go pee. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post

I just hope SVL doesn't post any before and after tone recordings!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, quit being so anal.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL! Yeah, actually I posted that whilst still coming down from the naptime meds. I still mean what I said though, go do it if it is time for you to do so. And make sure your significant other or someone takes away your smart phone and does not allow you on the computer until the next day.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Never ever heard of anybody doing that without a clear indicator something could be wrong. Must be an americanthing like yearly medicals and seeing shrinks. Here nobody goes to docs just in case or sees a psychologist unless cops or teacher sends you to one. Or lawyer...people just go to the police instead of lawyer if need be. These are all big differences I've noticed that side of pond..dentists too.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well Dee, all you need to do is eat more sugar and fatty junk foods, plus eat at fast food restaurants, then get wound up over traffic, politics and impressing your neighbors, and soon you'll be living the American Dream lifestyle!

One of the local gastroenterologists here performs about 15 colonoscopies and/or upper GI scopes, 3 days a week, and likely makes my annual salary in just a week or two.
    That said, prevention is better than cure, which brings us back to diet. I fail with that, so I can't point a finger at too many people out there.

Post Thanks / Like

If you just follow the Pigeon diet, the pebbles will scrape most offending material from your colon. Plus, you'll also have a nice supply of gravel for your fish tank.

Seriously, a high fiber diet works wonders for keeping the system clean.

Post Thanks / Like

wow. just. yeah. wow.

thanks SVL. So much.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Pics or it didn't happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast