Starting a new thread to document my build of the new amp kit being offered by my friend Keith Vonderhulls over at Buildyourownclone.com. As described in THIS THREAD and also THIS ONE. It's a hybrid of the Fender 5F1 Champ and 5E3 Deluxe circuits, set up so that you can switch between the two different amp configurations. Very cool design!

I received my kit, along with a lacquered tweed head cabinet, earlier this week. As often happens with the first few shipments of a new kit, there were some parts left out, notably some mounting nuts and (unfortunately!) all of the vintage style cloth-covered wire needed to do the turret board connections to the chassis-mounted hardware (pots, switches, jacks, tube sockets, etc.). A minor delay, as BYOC sent them out to me by Priority Mail the next day, and they should arrive this afternoon. Keith and his crew should now have these initial "pick & pack" process issues resolved and I'd expect future kits shipments will be fully complete.

While waiting for the missing parts to arrive, there was still plenty to do. I went ahead and populated the turret board with all the required resistors and capacitors, though many of them are just sitting in place, unsoldered until the hook-up wire arrives and can be added. Last night, I mounted all but the two output transformers into the chassis, did some of the off-board prep work on the hardware, and wired in the power transformer except for the connections to the rectifier tube socket (red and yellow wires). Here's a look at the current state of the project: