Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
HNGD! Hagstrom Siljan Grand Auditorium

Thread: HNGD! Hagstrom Siljan Grand Auditorium

Post Thanks / Like

Default HNGD! Hagstrom Siljan Grand Auditorium

I wanted to get something smaller than a dread, and noticed these with blow-out pricing at Guitar Center, et al. I'm assuming these just didn't sell, and the prices reflect it. Solid sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, real MOP inlays, full binding (neck and headstock, too!), 18:1 tuners, Nubone saddle/nut, and D'Addario EXP strings...all for $179, which is half the original selling price The action is perfect right out of the box, so I probably won't even need to adjust anything. Very nice finish, lightly applied; the neck is satin instead of glossy, the "Resinator" fingerboard looks fine and the fretwork is good. The "Resinator" bridge is a little cheesy looking, but maybe some polish or oil might help. Easy to play, nice balanced tone, definitely a better-than-average inexpensive Asian guitar. This thing is a keeper, for sure. If you or anybody you know are looking for a genuine bargain on a nice acoustic guitar, better hurry before they're gone (there's a dread for $159, and a rosewood GA for $199, too)

Here's a link; I'll post pictures soon.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Hagstrom...61-i2440499.gc

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice find! That's a steal.
    The more I play them, the more I like the smaller grand symphony and auditorium sized guitars.

Post Thanks / Like

I jammed with the new Hag at Dave's last night, and I gotta say, it's quite a good guitar in any price category. The smaller size and thickness is much more comfortable for me than a dreadnought. And the neck, much more like an electric than my A&L, is very comfortable - pretty similar to my Epiphone Dot. I never really got comfortable with the A&L's neck, which is the main reason I was looking at other acoustics. Soundwise, the Hag is pleasing to my ear, which is all that matters. It's not as loud as the booming dread, but that's OK - now I don't drown out Dave's Ovations. Dave played it for a couple of tunes, so I got a chance to hear it from the other side of the soundboard, too. And he was really impressed with it, too. I'm bonding with this guitar very quickly, so I know I got the right thing. I feel complete, at least guitar-wise.

Post Thanks / Like

all sounds fine and good, but you bought the last one, so the link shows nothing but a "sorry, out of stock" blurb.

In other words, no pictures.

And you know what that means...pics or didn't happen!

Sounds like an outrageous deal though. Congrats!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I got one of the last ones - lucky me! Here are the pix:

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!! Love the lack of a pickguard, and the size. Very nice.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan