Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deep doo-doo time for baby cobra

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deep doo-doo time for baby cobra

BABY COBRA (26 yrs old) IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING INPATIENT KETAMINE INFUSIONS IN THE ICU. PLEASE KEEP HER IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AS SHE GOES THROUGH THIS FIVE DAY TREATMENT IN THE HOPES OF REMISSION FROM RSD. THANK YOU!

Long-time Fretters may remember that we went to Germany in 2008 and she went into a medically induced coma with a massive ketamine infusion to get rid of her RSD. At a cost of roughly 65K (USA insurance doesn't work in Europe), it worked and we/she had 4 years of bliss until this past April when a jack-*** doctor did a lumbar puncture (to see if she had viral meningitis) and didn't follow her instructions and the RSD came back. She is almost bed-ridden and back into a wheelchair for the past month.

Hopefully, this will work. Thanks for prayers and mojo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mojo and prayers for your girl, PBP. I hate hearing that everything returned.
    RSD sounds like hell on Earth.

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping for the best!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we can all join and visuallze her in good heath and spirits, throughout the day, together, like on top of the hour, to pool efforts..?
    Less golf, more saxophone

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Deep doo-doo time for baby cobra

Sad to hear. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sending warm wishes, prayers, and positive thoughts right now!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, man, Piebald - I am so sorry to hear about that. We'll be thinking of you all - hold the picture of her well in your mind and remember she can get back to that place.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent, man. I hope Baby Cobra goes into remission again, and soon!

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to do a bump-of-the-day for Baby Cobra but Mr. Kat took care of that.
    Wishing for another successful therapy day.

How are Papa Python and family, friends coping...?
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

All the best. I hope the dumb*** doc has to cover for the mistake too...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about this piebaldpython. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates so far in the treatment?

Continued prayers for Baby Cobra and the rest of the Piebaldpython family, for strength, comfort, and quick recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

She's still in ICU undergoing Ketamine infusions 24/7 for her RSD. They take lots of vials of blood a day to make sure all her levels (blood gases, liver, etc.) are okay. Her arms are full of bruises from the needles. They also had problems with the IV line yesterday. It took 4 tries to get it back in. Phew!

ICU gave us permission to stay overnight with her. We have someone in her room 24/7 so that she can relax as best she can under the circumstances & feel safe so that the ketamine can do its job.

Ketamine is a powerful drug that can cause hallucinations.........while she isn't having an LSD trip.....she is on edge a bit and having some anxiety issues. They are giving her drugs to combat that. Supposedly, this ends on Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep your family in my thoughts PBP.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be wishing for a full recovery for her.

I very much hope that everything turns out well for her.

Post Thanks / Like

What a mess....infusion didn't work and she's essentially just as bad now as when she went in. She was very depressed and then the doc turned around after not seeing her at discharge and wanted her to have Psyche evaluation. $450 later, the Psyche doc says there's nothing wrong with her. We see the RSD doc Monday.

She also has GI issues from the RSD and we know a great GI doc and will probably at least get X-rays/MRI of the intestinal area to make sure there are no blockages/stenoses/or "dead" areas. This happened to an RSD friend of ours.

On a good note.....we've contacted the RSD guru in Germany and we may road-trip there for a final shot at this thing.

Prayers and mojo appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Continuing prayers and warm wishes.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Keeping fingers crossed.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about your family and hoping this will resolved soon, in a GOOD way.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast