Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Acoustic B20 1X12 combo amph

Thread: Acoustic B20 1X12 combo amph

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Acoustic B20 1X12 combo amph

Bought a cheap yet highly popular bass practice amp from MF using their 15% off coupon, an Acoustic B20 1X12 for $139.99 delivered free.
    They email me it is on back order for a week.
    I know, small bass amps have no stage power, but I'll do it right if I ever need something for gigs. All the Craig's List amps are crap lately.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Acoustic B20 1X12 combo amph

I've got one! A very nice practice amph. You could maybe play with a couple of acoustic guitars. I especially like the active tone controls.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I remember reading that you really liked yours, so that helped steer me towards it. The 58 reviews for an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars sealed the deal along with MF's one day return to Black Friday discounts sale.

If/when I need something to gig with, I'll be looking at some serious choices in the 500-600 watt range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It haz arrived!
    I only had half an hour playing through it, but I'm already impressed. I believe that it is perfect for my needs. It might even be Tig proof with just one volume and a 4 band equalizer. The tonal range is wide enough to allow for many styles when combined with the P/J pickup choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new amph Doug!

Glad you like it.

Now go lay out some funky grooves!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow... nice price... nice amp!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have one of these and I liked it a lot. The only reason I sold it was because my friend needed it more than I did. It's a handy little amp to have around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Belated congrats! I don't have any small bass amphs, just a couple big behemoths.

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up getting one of these for random playing around the house. It's nice to be able to play without bothering with headphones and that whole mess.
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I ended up getting one of these for random playing around the house. It's nice to be able to play without bothering with headphones and that whole mess.
    Cool, Eric!
    They really fit the bill for a home/practice amp. Plenty of range yet simple to mess with. (I still use the settings guide for different styles)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Cool, Eric!
    They really fit the bill for a home/practice amp. Plenty of range yet simple to mess with. (I still use the settings guide for different styles)
    There's a settings guide?? I've just had everything at noon. Maybe I should look up a manual online.

I'm incredibly non-discriminating when it comes to bass tone. I actually feel kind of bad about it because I feel like I'm doing a disservice to basses by just playing and doing very minor tweaking tone-wise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Check out page 9. It helped me to flatten the learning curve for the amp's range.
    http://www.acousticamplification.com...le/pdf/B20.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Check out page 9. It helped me to flatten the learning curve for the amp's range.
    http://www.acousticamplification.com...le/pdf/B20.pdf
    Interesting. I'll have to try that out when I have a few spare minutes. Thanks!