Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Vikings Fans (Hagstrom, that is).....

Thread: Vikings Fans (Hagstrom, that is).....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vikings Fans (Hagstrom, that is).....

Consider this a product endorsement. at 11:00 or so.

Assuming this is a newer, not vintage, but not familiar enough to know if there are telltale signs....

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that is a newer one. Pretty sweet guitar and sounds.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks just like mine!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly what I was thinking. For a Gibson endorsee who plays nothing but vintage 335's , it's quite an endorsement. I wonder what it is he's hearing or feeling that makes him choose it...

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pat Smear (no slouch) of the Foo Fighters plays one also sometimes, though his has block inlays. Check the "walk" video to see it. I really like mine.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Pat Smear (no slouch) of the Foo Fighters plays one also sometimes, though his has block inlays. Check the "walk" video to see it. I really like mine.
    Pat is an avid Hagstrom collector/player. He plays them quite a bit for recording as well as touring.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Tig;231174]Pat is an avid Hagstrom collector/player. He plays them quite a bit for recording as well as touring.

I noticed that in the twelve twelve twelve concert he was playing a Hagstrom superstrat. It looked like a nice guitar.

Tig, you definitely look like Alvarez from the "Sons". Quite a similarity. Alvarez is a serious character.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, he normally plays the solid boy Hagstroms. But here he is on a Viking, though I think it is the Tremar version with the trem bar:

Back to the original post, that is pretty cool that guy makes that choice as well, given his relationship with Gibson. I also wonder what he feels or hears to cause him to switch over.

I notice as I watch the vid, that he plays slide on the Gibson, and plays more intricate lead stuff on the Vik. it is a very nice feeling neck, and easy to play on. I like to learn new things on my Vik. Maybe that nice playing neck is part of it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

When I've seen him with the allstars, he's playing what appear to vintage 335's. I wonder if part of the appeal for that first tune is that beefier frets make hammer ons easier. Also, don't these have some sort of composite fretboard, and proprietary p'ups? Could just be that's its got some "modern" flavor and feel that's a nice departure for him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They do have a composite fretboard that I find very easy to play over, and though I have never played a vintage Gibby, I would not be surprised if the frets on the Vik were bigger and more modern. The P'ups definitely have their own thing going on too. Must be something in there that he likes! For me, the playability is a big thing.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson