Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I am a God Among Dogs....

Thread: I am a God Among Dogs....

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am a God Among Dogs....

But really, a pretty mediocre player. Hoping to change that in my forties! Jut stopping in to squawk.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Fret!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Rideit.

Please tell us a little bit about yourself and your gear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rideit View Post
    Jut stopping in to squawk.
    We read you 5 by 5.

Welcome to The Fret! We're dog friendly here.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Hey kids.
    So, currently, I have just four instruments. The best is a Westbury Custom electric, tobacco sunburst, that I bought new in 1982. It is an incredible axe, no question. Very few LP's hold a candle to it, IMO. More on that later. I also have a Westbury take 4 Bass that I got a few years ago. I still need to forget that I play guitar when I play the thing, I am generally too hyperactive, and need to slow down and just focus on the downbeat.
    I have an incredibly lame Seagull acoustic, I am on the 'slow' lookout for a great Acoustic, but it's not my priority.
    I also have a 2/3 scale Sam Ash Strat thing that is barely playable...more too on that as I can start a post.

Right now, I NEED an amp. Badly. Ideally something that I can play with both the guitar AND bass, (I know, I know). I need all of your help in finding the right amp, I am leery of instruments/amps on ebay!

I am looking to develop a repertoire of 6-8 songs that I can reliably trot out, and surprise people with both singing and playing. I think this is reasonable. I used to play in a band in college, so I had some limited chops, but I feel like I need to reinvent my approach if I want to progress and grow as a player.
    I hope this all helps!