Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
One amp for Bass AND Guitar? Am I dreaming? And on a budget?

Thread: One amp for Bass AND Guitar? Am I dreaming? And on a budget?

Post Thanks / Like

Default One amp for Bass AND Guitar? Am I dreaming? And on a budget?

Yeah, ok, I want a goose that poops gold pellets, too.
    What suggestions do you sages have?
    Just looking for something at home for now. Ideally a combo, but I am open to suggestions. I know some early a fender Bassman amps did fairly well....

Post Thanks / Like

Bassman amps aside you would think with the modern high wattage circuits that would be a very reasonable request. There are some really cheap amps out there that say bass/guitar on them but I believe the bass and the guitar would probably sound the same "crappy". Outside some simple switchable input and output circuitry the big hurdle would be the speakers. Without loading the cab with different speakers for each you would be forced to use a high power full range speaker and would then lose some very fundamental characteristics. But I guess for practice sake you would mind that too much. What do you get when you mix a "Roland Cube" and "Line6 LowDown 10"? I'd say very doable!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't need to gig with it then just about anything will work. If you get a guitar amp, don't turn it up really loud. If you get a bass amp you might need an effects processor to get a good guitar sound.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Spud, if you come across anything locally, I am on the hunt.

Post Thanks / Like

For home use, I think the new Yamaha THR-10 has a setting for bass and heaps of options for guitar of course.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Marshall 2/12" for $250 today, so I'll go with that for now. I would love to have a serious Bass setup that can simulate a 4.0 on the Richter scale, though. Next purchase, perhaps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rideit View Post
    I just bought a Marshall 2/12" for $250 today, so I'll go with that for now. I would love to have a serious Bass setup that can simulate a 4.0 on the Richter scale, though. Next purchase, perhaps.
    A incredibly great bass amp for home use without spending much would be the Acoustic B20 1x12.