Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
?-SCXD mods

Thread: ?-SCXD mods

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?-SCXD mods

After loving your XD as stock, have you thot about mods?
    I've got a larger pine/tolexed cab to hold a 12" Emi Legend and it's a winner, but typically am always wondering how I can mess up a good thing!
    Here's a short rundown of some ideas, and maybe you have some to share that you're thinking about or have done.

Here's what I've compiled so far that might turn it into an even more useful monster;
    L-Pad - a small onboard attenuator that also helps make the vol. knob more responsive at lower volumes.
    The XD volume has a common trait of jumping from silent to suddenly 'very on' at about the 2 mark.

4/8 ohm speaker out switch

Aux in for computer link

Mid & presence controls

2nd bass/treble/FX level/select controls, so channels are independant

FX loop

Post Thanks / Like

Fixing that too-much-volume-too-fast problem is probably as easy as changing the volume pot from a linear taper to an audio (or log) tapper. Worked like a charm on my Blues Jr.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

There you go being sensible and economical again, dvd. And dogged if I don't like your simple idea, thanx!
    I still want to try the L-Pad for low volume aspects, tho.