Thread: Gates of Babylon - our Dio tribute version video

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Gates of Babylon - our Dio tribute version video

Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! I was just coming over here to post that.

Dee you really channeled your inner Dio on this one for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it! Sweet cover. I was going to say that Jon Lord would proud of the keyboard parts until I realized I had the wrong Blackmore band
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, marnold. This is one of my fav songs of all time and I'm glad we were able to do it justice. And yeah, Jon was in that 'other' Blackmore band. I think David Stone was the keyboardist on Gates, but I'm not sure. And you're right, Richie did a helluva job on the keys. They are instrumental to this song for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on this...what did you use to create the cool video?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think Craig has the Sony Vegas software, and each just sent him greenscreened video files to edit together. As for the occasional background imagery, no idea.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Craig also uses Adobe After Effects for some of more complicated effects/imagery.