Thread: Howdy from Colorado...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Howdy from Colorado...

Pretty new here, been lurking around for a few month's, actually got here via a thread on Hell guitars while looking for some new equipment and liked the community. As a 'former' bass player I decided to take up guitar this year, so I recently sold a nice 70's Rick 4001, rebuilt and sold a 62 Ampeg Reverberocket amp and a mid-80's MIJ Strat and made some nice cash which started the funding for 6 new guitars and 2 amps I purchased this year (Whoohoo!) Currently have 3 Reverends (Reeves Gabrels Sig w/a Railhammer bridge pickup, Pete Anderson PA-1 Hollowbody and Rick Vito Sig in Deep Sea Blue), picked up a Hell No2 a few month's ago (nice Tele-clone) and have 2 Recording King acoustics (Rd-316 Adi/Hog and and RNJ-25 L00 clone with maple B/S - a real fun guitar!) Running through a Fender Supersonic 22 (plays clean or mean and everything between) and a Blackstar HT-5 (for quiet nights in the basement). Picked up a Line 6 M9 recently and am really starting to enjoy my new journey as a guitar player. Had a guitar player move in next door a few months ago and found out one of my other neighbors is a bass player, so we've started a neighborhood jam band. I also sit in with another neighbors bluegrass band occasionally, so been keeping real busy and working the fingers out pretty regularly. Looking forward to visiting often and gaining what insight in playing and music this sight has to offer...

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. Looks like your journey is progressing nicely. Feel free to chime in often around here. It's a pretty friendly bunch.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret, ronbo!
    I have only one Reverend, but would like to improve that with a Reeves Gabrels Sig. So I guess now is the time to let you know we traditionally let the second greeter choose one guitar from a new member.
    Well, it was worth a shot!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! I don't have a Reverend, but I am one
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

"Welcome to The Fret, ronbo!
    I have only one Reverend, but would like to improve that with a Reeves Gabrels Sig. So I guess now is the time to let you know we traditionally let the second greeter choose one guitar from a new member.
    Well, it was worth a shot!"

Hey Tig, sorry you're not getting my Reeves! I really like the Reeves, had a bit of a rough start with it as I bought it second hand on Craigslist and the former owner beat it up some. It had a broken locking tuner and was missing a switch knob and tone knob. Ken at Reverend was gracious enough to send me replacement parts gratis and I started playing it and had a hard time initially bonding with it, sounded funky, like the bridge pickup was shorted or something, really low output and anemic. Pulled the pickup and it measured 150K ohms (10+ times more than spec) so it must have had an open-ish circuit somehow. I put on a Railhammer HV and it really rocks now, definitely one of the easiest playing guitars I've ever owned and has tons of tone options with the phase switch. Sometimes I wish I had the trem option, but I'm looking at putting a stetsbar on it. I initially got it to try to replicate a tele sound, which it can kinda do, but then I read all those great posts here (25 pages worth!) on Syo's journey with Hell guitars, and decided to try a No2. Your posts, as well as others around here on the No2 were very instrumental in the interruption in my Reverend acquisitions, and I loooove that guitar. Better sound and playability than any Tele I've ever played. Still got a couple of Rev's I'd like to own (something with Revtrons and maybe a USA or 2) and definitely looking at a Hell Bender in the future for a dual humbucker. Thanks for the welcome!