Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Guy

Thread: New Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Guy

Hello all. I am happy to join this fun group. I have been playing for a long time. My dad was a honky tonk pedal steel player & got my brother & I started when we were very young. I played in bands for years but the last few there is not a lot of time for that. I spend a lot of time with my young son. I have got into guitar repair's mod's & Partscaster building the last couple years. I look forward to hanging out & learning from you members & hopefully have some things of my own to offer this fine forum. Once I figure out how to post pictures on here I have a lot to show you guitar nuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret, keletcaster! Plenty of Canucks here, so you should feel at home.
    This is a layed back, no trolling kind of place, which is rare in the forum world.

Go here to get some photo posting help:
    http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...to+how+to+post

Also, be sure to use the "What's New" or "New Posts" links near the top to seethe latest activity.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

welcome fo-sho

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy and welcome. I've spent some time in B.C. myself in my younger days playing music. B.C. has some awesome geology.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]url[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

[IMG]url[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome I posted a couple photos of my latest build it says it needs approval 1st. When they come through I'l explain more.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Fret Keletcaster.

My family and I spend most of our vacations in BC and really love the place. Are you around the Lower Mainland or interior?

I too, spend a lot of time with my young son. There's really not much more rewarding than being a dad.

That is an extremely cool-looking guitar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's a cool partscaster! I like how you made it your own.
    What pickups did you use, and tell us more about the wiring and the 2 pots. Those saddles look like graphtech's.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! Yeah, I want to hear about what you think about the Graphtec saddles too. They're one of the options I was looking at for my Squier '51.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys it plays & sounds as good as it looks. This is my 4th one. Every one they get a little better. It's got a 300k vol & a 250k tone with a PIO 047 tone cap & a 1% treb bld with no resistor. I went with the 2 control because one of the only things I dont like about Strats is I the vol by the bridge pickup always seems to get in my way. The pickups are Reilander texas wound's I had him rw/rp the mid so it would hum cancel in the 2nd & 4th switch position. The paint & pin striping was all done at my brothers body shop. The color is 2008 Dodge Viper Green. Its a true candy with a silver base & a lot of pearl. The tuners are late 70's Schallers . As far as the Graph Tech saddles go I swear by them & the nuts as well. I use them as much as I can. I got a Telecaster Deluxe Plus with them that has been running strong since 1994. I do live in the lower mainland & being a dad is the best Thank you for the warm welcome guys!

[IMG]url[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like