Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
First snow

Thread: First snow

Post Thanks / Like

Default First snow

Spontaneous snowball fight in the street.

/Hampus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like that! I love high contrast black and white. How did you set it up?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

wonderful photo, hampus!
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    wonderful photo, hampus!
    Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    I like that! I love high contrast black and white. How did you set it up?
    Hello!

The photo was shot on the street. I was out walking with my brother and his girlfriend and they started to throw snowballs at each other. I stepped back and started photographing. I used an Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 45mm f/1.8.

The post processing is done in Adobe Lightroom 4.0 with the Silver Efex pro 2 plugin from Nik Software. I enhanced the contrast a bit, then really went to town on the structure slider to bring out the structure in the snow. Then I selectively increased the exposure a bit on the face and took it down on the snowball and on the sign over the head. I cropped a bit off the top of the picture and dodged the upper and the left side to help put focus on the combattant.

/Hampus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hampus View Post
    Hello!

The photo was shot on the street. I was out walking with my brother and his girlfriend and they started to throw snowballs at each other. I stepped back and started photographing. I used an Olympus OM-D E-M5 and Olympus 45mm f/1.8.

The post processing is done in Adobe Lightroom 4.0 with the Silver Efex pro 2 plugin from Nik Software. I enhanced the contrast a bit, then really went to town on the structure slider to bring out the structure in the snow. Then I selectively increased the exposure a bit on the face and took it down on the snowball and on the sign over the head. I cropped a bit off the top of the picture and dodged the upper and the left side to help put focus on the combattant.

/Hampus
    Cool! It reminds me of high contrast shots I used to take back in the day using Tri-x Pan 400. I liked the high contrast, almost grainy quality sometimes as an effect. Your shot hearkens that effect to me.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Tri-X! Man, SLV, you're dating yourself! As a young person said to me in a similar context recently: "Man, that is so 19th century!" I wanted to correct him and say, "Make that 20th century!", but it seemed rather pointless on second thought...

Agreed, Hampus - that is a nice 'print' (there - dating myself!) of a cool photo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hampus View Post
    Spontaneous snowball fight in the street.

/Hampus
    Outstanding framing and post production! I use Silver Efex myself and love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah great job on the shot and the post work. Excellent piece