Hello Fellow Fretters!

I just wanted to introduce myself, as I'm just getting started on here. I've already scoped out the site, and there are some great conversations going on here!

Anyway, I'm a native Philadelphian, and I currently reside in the Greater Philadelphia area. Of more interest, perhaps, I am an Assistant Manager at the Guitar Center in Plymouth Meeting. It's tough (retail) work, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't thoroughly enjoy it! Before GC, I ran an online used gear website for about a year and half while going to school at Temple University. Although I've been surrounded by gear of all kinds (ranging from used and abused Squier Strats on up to my dad's '72 Rickenbacker 4001 Fireglo), I have plenty to learn, and look forward to gleaning all of the useful information that I can from you guys!

As for my current gear arsenal, these are some of my more notable acquisitions:
- '99 Gibson J-185 (Spruce top, quilted maple back and sides, maltese cross inlays on the bridge)
- '02 Gibson Les Paul Studio (wine red, chrome hardware, with Seymour Duncan '59s in both the bridge and neck)
- Musicman Stingray V (three-tone burst with black pearloid pickguard)
- Vox AC30CC2 (recently sold it to get that J-185, but worth listing nonetheless...hoping to get a 2x12 Mesa/Boogie TA-30 in the near future)
- T-Rex Replica tap-tempo delay pedal.
- Avalon VT-737SP Tube Preamp/Compressor (for recording)

I have some other things (like EQ pedals, a pa system, volume pedals, some other lesser guitars, etc.), but that's a pretty good shortlist of what I enjoy and put to use most often.

I've played in several bands - for more on that, check out my profile.

In any case, I'm glad to join the community here, and I can't wait to get involved in some most excellent conversations!

All the Best,
-zg