Thread: Yo from Philly!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yo from Philly!

Hello Fellow Fretters!

I just wanted to say greetings from Philadelphia, as I'm new to the site. I've been playing since the Summer of 2001 (I think...), and I must say... "I've got blisters on me fingers!" well...more like callouses. In any case, I still love (almost) all things guitar, and I'm an Assistant Manager at the Guitar Center in Plymouth Meeting, PA. Before GC, I was operating an online used gear store out of my basement for about a year and a half while studying for my bachelor's degree at Temple University. I've dealt with everything from used and abused Squier Strats on up to my dad's '72 Rickenbacker 4001 Fireglo (with Checkerboard binding, oh la la). I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you all!!

Here are my most notable guitar-related possessions:
    - '99 Gibson J-185 (with natural solid spruce top, solid quilted maple back and sides; maltese cross inlays on the bridge)
    - '02 Gibson Studio (in wine red w/ Seymour Duncan '59s in both bridge and neck)
    - MusicMan Stingray V (in three-tone burst with black pearloid pickguard)
    - Vox AC30CC2 (recently sold, actually, but worth listing nonetheless; hoping to get a Mesa/Boogie 2x12 TA-30 soon)
    - T-Rex Replica pedal (my best pedal; and my only really notable one)
    - Avalon VT-737SP Preamp/Compressor (for recording, of course)

I don't intend to use my activity here as a platform to drive sales to GC, but rather to learn (about gear, about peoples' tastes, etc). I hope that I can offer something, too!

All the Best,
    -zg

Post Thanks / Like

Yo, from a former Phillyite, born and raised. Nine years in Trooper, so the PM GC was a place I visited a lot. Good bunch of folks on this forum, one of the very best groups I've seen online. You'll like it here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Strat24........welcome to the gang from another Philly boy. Born/raised/still live in various parts of NE Philly....graduated NE High 1974 and Temple U in 01/1979. Great group of people on the forum....a lot of talented folks who know a WHOLE lot about gits, amps, pedals, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome, strat24! Did anyone mention that noobs have to supply cheese steaks?
    My wife is from up that way and misses them, as no one can make 'em right in Texas.

Good to have you aboard. Dig through the old threads for some fun.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2