Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New Ibanez

Thread: New Ibanez

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Ibanez

So, about a month ago I had 400 euros together. I talked to my mom and she really likes it that I play music and she decided that she wanted to help me pay my gear so she gave me the 200 euros I still needed (for christmas).
    I looked at every brand I could get my hands on, I wanted a guitar with humbuckers for metal and hardrock.
    Finally I had found it, the Ibanez RGT42DX.
    The guy at the local shop had it, new for 675 euros. I didn't have enough money for it, but I know the guy so he said "I can give it to you for 600, because it's been in the shop for a couple of months". I told him it was ok and a week later I picked it up, he put new strings on and set it up properly for free.
    Here are the specs:
    neck type 5pc Wizard II Maple/Walnut neck-thru
    body Mahogany body
    fret Jumbo frets
    bridge Edge Pro II bridge
    neck pu IBZ INF1 (H) neck pu
    bridge pu IBZ INF2 (H) bridge pu

From the site. He put Ernie Ball strings on, thicker ones than the ones I'm used to (09-42, D'darrios) that I have on my MIM strat, I love the Ernie Balls though, the D'darrios are crap compared to them IMO.
    So, here is the guitar:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...9/DSCF0034.jpg
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...9/DSCF0028.jpg
    To be honest, I haven't found anything that I don't like about the guitar except the pickups. They sound good, but I want a different sound, that's why I'm goint to order a Dimarzio x2n for the bridge and an Air Norton for the neck this week.
    I can do Divebombs, Elephant Noises and everything with the trem and it stays in tune. The whole guitar is built like a tank and it's pretty light even though it's out of mahogany.
    When I first played a buddys Ibanez (lower model. it's a RG350DX) I was really impressed because it played SOOOOO good and this guitar plays even better, it's neck-through, so no problems on the higher frets and the neck is smooth as hell. The jumbo frets make everything so much easier too.

I think it's a good guitar and Ibanez is a company it's worth looking at. I know you guys like strats and blues stuff, but I thought it would be good to have someone post a little review of the guitar on this forum. I normally post on MX.
    Soundclips?
    Clean + Chorus:
    http://media.putfile.com/Choruz-effect
    I only have that one, just to show that it can do cleans very well.

Now I only need a good amp.
    Keep on rocking guys
    Guitars: Ibanez RGT42DX loaded with Dimarzio Air Norton (neck) and Dimarzio x2n (bridge)
    MIM strat /w maple neck. new pickups soon
    Amps: ENGL Screamer 50 1x12 Combo
    Effects: All I use now is a dunlop wah and a big muff.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats man! i have a couple of ibanez guitars (see my sig) and are happy with them....i'm sure you'll love yours!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like a new guitar

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet axe! Ibanez makes such awesome guitars.
    Ron Paul is like Kryptonite to Tyranny

Guitars:
    MIM Fender Stratocaster, Ibanez AS73, Fender F210, Martin Backpaker Steel-String

Amps:
    Behringer V-Tone 2x10 60W, Marshall G10 MkII, Danelectro E-Studio Honeytone.

Pedals:
    Danelectro Corned Beef reverb, Johnson flanger, DOD FX25 envelope filter, Behringer Hellbabe wah, Digitech Bad Monkey

Post Thanks / Like

It's the best guitar in that price range I tried. I think it's even better than more expensive guitars. I love how I can get every sound I want. Pickupswitching is like this:

It's gonna be the same when I get the Air Norton and the x2n.
    I've heard the Air Norton has amazing cleans when it's in parallel mode and the x2n sound strat-like when split I am going to post clips once they're in if someone is interessted.
    Guitars: Ibanez RGT42DX loaded with Dimarzio Air Norton (neck) and Dimarzio x2n (bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Clap, clap, clap. Excellent purchase and welcome to the club. That is one sweet guitar. Well done.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!
    Now, what kind of amp do you think would sound best with it?
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats tiefnig !!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Those Ibanez neck "joints" are really cool and comfy.

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Congratulations!
    Now, what kind of amp do you think would sound best with it?
    When I start working I'm gonna start saving for an ENGL Powerball head or some sort of Mesa. I'm probably gonna get the ENGL though, Mesa is kinda expensive over here. I want the dual rectifier and it's 2444 euros on thomann, that's kind of expensive

pes_laul Guest

congrats With the new Guita. I have always been impressed with ibanez's quality
    out all the ones I've played and the one I own

Post Thanks / Like

Default What AMp

Let me tell you about a sleeper amp that they no longer make but you can buy cheap when you find them . Tubeworks , they are now called Genz Benz or something like that . But originally the Tubeowrks by BK Butler are amazing amps I have a 100 watt 1 / 12 Hybrid that is incredible. I also have a Mesa Boogie Maverick Duel Rectifier . Give me the Tubeworks !!:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiefnig
    It's the best guitar in that price range I tried. I think it's even better than more expensive guitars. I love how I can get every sound I want. Pickupswitching is like this:
    Let's see if I have this right: red means on, blue menas off, and the dark gold means the two coils in the humbucker are connected in parallel.

The top row is the neck 'bucker & the bottom row is the bridge.

How does the neck 'bucker with it's coils parallel sound compared to just having the neck 'bucker selected? More like a fat single coil at the neck?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Ibanez. I'm sure you'll love yours as well. Good quality for the money. Congrats!