Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ngd!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ngd!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Ngd!

Here's Paula, my new Les Paul Special, w/the dreaded "baked maple" board:

NOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mmmmmmmmm, P-90 goodness in a wholesome, nutritious, baked-not-fried package!

HNGD, Brian!

Post Thanks / Like

A true workingman's guitar. Congrats! (I can't believe you named your effin guitar)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I know that guy. Thats sweet Brian. I'm becoming a big P90 fan. Very cool

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper's Son View Post
    A true workingman's guitar. Congrats! (I can't believe you named your effin guitar)

Haha ALL my 'lectrics are named!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your P-90 laden LP. How many gits is that now that you currently have?

Glad you got to name her.

Funny story, I have 3 custom made lap steels. I actually got to name the "model" of the last 2 lap steels. lol So, whenever somebody wants a JYD (Junkyard Dog) or Southern Belle.....I kinda smile knowing that I came up with the names. lolol

Post Thanks / Like

"Baked maple"?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Mmmmmmmmm, P-90 goodness in a wholesome, nutritious, baked-not-fried package!

HNGD, Brian!
    Its like Guitar Hee Haw! "I miss Hee Haw!"

SWEET AXE!!! I DEFINITELY WANT ONE!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool.

Happy New Guitar Day Brian!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    "Baked maple"?
    It is a manufacturer's way of creating an ebony or rosewood like fretboard out of maple due to limitations with legal wood sources. The cork sniffers don't like it, but most people say it is working out well. Suhr also uses it on some of their models and their quality is outstanding, as we know.
    http://www.andertons.co.uk/blog/guit...gerboard-guide

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Congrats on your P-90 laden LP. How many gits is that now that you currently have?
    Actually I've sold a few over the last few months. This one I think puts me at 25 'lectrics. But one is listed for sale, which would bring it back down to two dozen even.

Post Thanks / Like

WOWZA!

I'll bet that guitar can snarl like nobody's bidness! How does she (I assume it's a girl, given the name "Paula") sound through the Sovtek?

And, as far as baked maple goes, I dig it. I've seen some gorgeous baked birdseye and flame maple neck pics around the 'net. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats! That looks like a fun guitar!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellers! Kat, haven't yet had a chance to play her through the Sovtek. That's out in the garage now so I have to pick my blast times carefully.

Maybe late this morning before I go to physio.

Post Thanks / Like

nice no nonsense without the trim!!.I always name my guitars and cars!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    nice no nonsense without the trim!!.I always name my guitars and cars!!!
    Thanks. LP Specials and LP Juniors never have body binding (or for that matter the carved maple cap on more "regular" Pauls). Most don't have neck binding either, although this particular model does.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Really nice black P90 JP Special.

How quiet are the P90's? Does it noise cancel in the middle position? What amp are you playing it thru?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've never named my guitars, but usually have named my cars. The current one is called 'Ketchup' for instance...because it's all white...har har...also have named the crawfish in our aquarium 'cancer' and perhaps the most weirdly, the rubber ducks we have in the bathroom. They're called Arvi the single dad, Barbiturate, Skewhead, Bobby, Urho the Racing Duck, and Shangri-La.

But not guitars, except descriptive names like 'Davette' from Dee + charvette and 'alumitop' for the aluminum top axe.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Really nice black P90 LP Special.

How quiet are the P90's? Does it noise cancel in the middle position? What amp are you playing it thru?
    Thanks! I haven't played it in a really loud sitch yet. Generally Gibson does not feature having one of the P-90s reverse-wound/reverse polarity, and I'm 90% sure that is the case with this'un. At our First Things First practice at church Tuesday night, as it so happened we're doing 3 pretty rocking songs this week, all with distortion, and it wasn't a problem. But that was just through my li'l Fender Super Champ XD (albeit also lined out to the monitors and mains). Have a big Crash Pad gig a month from tomorrow, so I'm sure I'll be playing her through the big Sovtek rig (50W tube head into a 4x12) between now and then, as well as of course she'll be the go-to for the show.

My Hamer Special's Seymour Duncan P-90s are also not RW/RP and it hasn't been a problem, so I don't see it being one with Paula either. I instinctively roll the vol off between songs if it's bothersome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast