Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Loop loop questions and etc.

Thread: Loop loop questions and etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loop loop questions and etc.

hey guys, i have been wanting to practice on my own but i would like to practice there and now. instead of practicing to back tracks, to certain styles, i've been wanting a good stomp loop (like record a short rhythm, end it, and it repeats itself) what do you guys recommend for a good looper? i have a budget between 50 to 150 more or less, but the cheaper the better. Rock on!
    also what do you guys think is the best website to buy gear on? (best deals, shipping, deals, reviews?) ive been a musicians-friend regular but am open minded.
    (best free midi website btw?)

Post Thanks / Like

Guitar Center, Musicians Friend, Zzsounds all have pretty good deals. But I've taken to searching Amazon.com for almost everything now. Sometimes you find a much better deal at some of the obscure places amazon digs up and everyone is rated. Not to mention the fact alot of them have free shipping.

I'm not much help on the loopers. I want one too... A simple looper like the Jamman. The only one I've ever owned was the Line6 JM4 and it was way more than I needed so I sold it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used a Boss RC-2 in exactly the manner you describe for several years now. Absolutely bomb proof, small, works great. Will do much more than I need it for, but I find it excellent.

It's been replaced now in the Boss lineup by the RC-3, which is no doubt an excellent item as well. Those are retailing for $180.00 at GC and Musicians Friend etc.

You may want to pick up an RC-2 on ebay (currently listed from 70 to 160), watch Craigslist in the neighborhood etc.

not the only option for sure, but the only one I'm familiar with and highly recommend. It was a huge stretch for me to justify the expense at the time, but between the immediate impact it had on my playing, and now the 5+ years of nearly daily use without any issues, I feel it's arguably the best bang for the buck guitar related purchase I've made.

Permanently on the board (lower left) :

and this is a great "open the box and go" tutorial:

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan