Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Still Have the Love

Thread: Still Have the Love

Post Thanks / Like

Default Still Have the Love

for my 2005 JV Strat

I now have thinned my collection down to just one acoustic and seven electrics. Those kept have either sentimental or monetary value but the one that still gets the most time, as limited as that time is with two children, is the still the JV. I've also semi-retired the C30. It's still in my studio but just covered up. The Laney Cub 12R has been getting all the love for some time now, mostly because of the .75w setting and how good it sounds.

So, as I was piecing my gear together for a shoot, I took a shot of the JV - forgive the dark indoor lighting.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard a lot of love for those Strats. I feel the same way about my Jackson. I play other guitars, but I keep thinking about ways I wish it were more like it.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful shades/colors there, with the pearl white body, aged-white pup covers and the deep warm maple neck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always liked those JVs. Glad to hear you are still liking yours.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Yep now thats sexy................

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Is that an MIJ? What does JV stand for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Cool. Is that an MIJ? What does JV stand for?
    Jimmy Vaughn IIRC. I think it's MIM, but I'm not the authority on anything strat-related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Jimmy Vaughn IIRC. I think it's MIM, but I'm not the authority on anything strat-related.
    Correct. Made in Fender's Mexican factory, characterized by the "soft V" neck profile and the hotter-than-vintage Tex-Mex pickups. A very popular guitar and excellent value.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if they are still good bang for buck guitars. I bought mine new from Sam Ash in '05 based on rave reviews. I already had an AmStd but the neck on this was much more comfortable. My understanding was, aside from pick guard which I replaced, all electronics and hardware were top notch and used on their expensive guitars. Jimmie wanted to keep his sig affordable so they were assembled in Mexico and then set up and tweaked back in Cali. I don't remember what I paid but I think at or under five bills. Great deal. I still have the JV and sold the AmStd a few years later. I never played it much afterwards.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete