Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Bird of Prey

Thread: Bird of Prey

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bird of Prey

Canon 40D + 55-250mm

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice detail. It looks like a falcon, but I'm not sure which.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Tig. I'm not sure if this is a falcon or a hawk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The short beak makes me think falcon, but it's hard to tell without seeing the rest of the bird.

Here's a Cooper's Hawk on our fence, shot through the kitchen window. I'm surprised it turned out at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Petty damn good for through the window shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a Falcon as opposed to a hawk. The short beak allows them to kill their prey as opposed to a Hawk or EAGLE which kill with their talons.

Post Thanks / Like

Beg to differ. Pretty sure it's a Red Tailed Hawk, the most common of the Eastern US buteos (soaring hawks), the quintessential hawk perched on a telephone pole or in a road-side tree. Compare it to this online photo of a Red Tailed--same bird:

P.S. Nice photo, Pete!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a Hawk. I was going to go back and look but a simple google image search reveals an identical looking bird:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    P.S. Nice photo, Pete!
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

shoot I hate when im wrong.damn voodooman...........lol....... nice pics by the way...........stingx ,tig...............hopefully I have the way of killing right or else I will just go back to guitartalk.where I know im full of shiat!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    shoot I hate when im wrong.damn voodooman...........lol....... nice pics by the way...........stingx ,tig...............hopefully I have the way of killing right or else I will just go back to guitartalk.where I know im full of shiat!!!
    We luv you anyway, muddy!

I'm not completely convinced the OP is a red tail since we need to see the whole bird, and there's too much rust color at the bottom if it's neck. Then again, I might join the full of shiat club!
    Last edited by Tig; January 31st, 2013 at 07:56 PM.