Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NPD: Red Witch - Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo

Thread: NPD: Red Witch - Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default NPD: Red Witch - Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo

I've been on the hunt for a tremolo lately, looking for sweet, warm classic tones. No need for stutter, square or saw tooth wave forms. Sweetwater has this one for just $99. It is exactly what I was looking for with just a speed and depth control. Simple and luscious! The jacks are both at the upper edge of this tiny pedal. It even has a lithium ion cell battery for up to 120 hours use, along with the standard 9V power jack.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I played with the pedal for hours this weekend. I don't think I've ever loved a tremolo sound as much as this. I've played it through parallel amps (Tweaker & SCX2) clean to slightly broken with just a little reverb or delay and occasionally with the Ego Compressor or Sparkle Drive. It sounds glorious!

Post Thanks / Like

Never been much of a tremolo guy (unless you count the misnamed tremolo bridge). That one sounds nice from the video you posted, though. Do you find that you are missing not having a level knob or will turning down the depth essentially accomplish the same thing?
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Never been much of a tremolo guy (unless you count the misnamed tremolo bridge). That one sounds nice from the video you posted, though. Do you find that you are missing not having a level knob or will turning down the depth essentially accomplish the same thing?
    Me either, because most onboard tremolos in amps and multi-FX's bite.
    The depth coves that well since at lower setting is is really mild (tapers down nicely). It also has an internal pot to boost the signal in case there's a volume drop when engages (some tremolos do that), but I found no need for it.