Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bedroom tube amp!?!? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bedroom tube amp!?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by guitarhack View Post
    Fender Super Champ or Vibro Champ XD both have tube power sections and dsp effects, and come in at well under $200 used.
    Fwiw I have been REALLY happy with my SCXD. I picked it up like new (pawn shop) for $175, iirc . I use it every week for First Things First, my church praise band. Lines out to PA and since we have electronic drums the stage volume is plenty loud for performance (in fact the volume on each channel is usually around 3).

With the line-out you can also chain it to another, louder amp if you need more oomph, such as when playing with live drums. I do that when FtF plays with a real kit, and it works great (SCXD on left as stage monitor, lined out to Sunn 200S 60W tube head into a 2x12 to right behind me in backline):

Post Thanks / Like

What is the guy behind you using for amp...?

(fond memories of seeing him locally for a talk/musical session, a few years ago!)
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by poodlesrule View Post
    What is the guy behind you using for amp...?

(fond memories of seeing him locally for a talk/musical session, a few years ago!)
    Good ol' Bo, R.I. P., used a Roland Jazz Chorus JC-120 in his later years.

Here's a photo of his amp in the foreground, the Jazz bass and bass rig in the background are mine:

Here are the rigs in use:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12