Thread: Introductory sound clip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Introductory sound clip

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to put this out there, and see if there are any comments...

http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~2yjota

trying to figure out what this sounds like, if I am pulling this from something I heard or not....

thanks for listening...

G
    Carvin Bolt Kit, Kramer Focus, Ibanez Mikro, Squier Tele, Saga LP Kit / Digitech RP 350, Line6 DI , Kustom 30 Watt SS, Crate V5 && V50

Post Thanks / Like

Hey G, sounds pretty slick, I don't recognize it. It does make me want to stare into the lava lamp though.

Post Thanks / Like

Lava Lamp came to mind for me also... definate psyche-del-lick going on there... puff puff...

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I recognize it either, but sounds pretty cool! I mean far out.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just in case anybody wants more...

I am not sure where this came from....it just kind of came out...

apologies ahead of time.. plenty of mistakes and repetition in there.. just jamming along waiting for things to line up... most of the time for me I can't force this stuff.. it just kind of happens on its own... and most of it I won't be able to reproduce... similar.. but never quite the same...

Ever since I stumbled onto this particular effect/tone combination.. I can't seem to move on...

http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~ga076j

; )

G
    Carvin Bolt Kit, Kramer Focus, Ibanez Mikro, Squier Tele, Saga LP Kit / Digitech RP 350, Line6 DI , Kustom 30 Watt SS, Crate V5 && V50

Post Thanks / Like

grc, unless you ran over someones pet, broke there guitar or hurt someone, there is no need to apologize for your playing, there is another thread out there about this and some very good opinions.
    Last edited by ted s; December 28th, 2006 at 02:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi grc, I am having trouble getting this one off of filecrunch... without seeming rude and with good intentions.. can I suggest http://box.net for your songs? Free and seems to work for most around here.. plus it has a built in player for instant listening... will try again at filecrunch...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justaguyin_nc
    Hi grc, I am having trouble getting this one off of filecrunch... without seeming rude and with good intentions.. can I suggest http://box.net for your songs? Free and seems to work for most around here.. plus it has a built in player for instant listening... will try again at filecrunch...
    Thanks for the tip... give this a shot... http://www.box.net/public/vcnv7syy7c

G

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some pretty wild sounds there, it just didn't want to load up for the longest time, took more than one try.
    Hey, grcsomd, you might want to introduce yourself over on "The Fret Players" and let us know a little more about yourself.
    Ted's right about apologizing for your music, it's just your music, if somebody doesn't want to listen or whatever all they have to do is turn it off. If a musician doesn't keep striving to accomplish what he hears in his head, he stagnates and ceases to move ahead in the quest for melodic harmony, and inner peace and grace, with the spirit of the harbingers of soulfulness and tone? Am I right?
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grcsomd
    Thanks for the tip... give this a shot... http://www.box.net/public/vcnv7syy7c

G
    Your Welcome
    Worked fine here... man... you got a black light thing going on here... sounds good to me...

Shout out a hello in the fret players forums .. umm you might have to turn on the lites and shut the strobe off while posting though..

Post Thanks / Like

Apology accepted. Not that you needed one, but if it makes you feel better. Just trying to help.

I liked it. It reminded me a little of Ozric Tentacles. http://ozrics.hopto.org/ozrics/index.html

And maybe some 70's experimental stuff.

Keep it up. It's always great to be creative and get it out. You flatter us that you will let us hear it. Thanks.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.