Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Limited Free Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

syo, they came in the post today!! Thank you so much!

The thick/heavy/uglier of the three was the first I tried, on an acoustic & an ES335 strung with .10's. Really, really nice. I'll try out the others tomorrow. What are they made out of? My initial guess was fried yak parts, but I'm unsure...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    syo, they came in the post today!! Thank you so much!

The thick/heavy/uglier of the three was the first I tried, on an acoustic & an ES335 strung with .10's. Really, really nice. I'll try out the others tomorrow. What are they made out of? My initial guess was fried yak parts, but I'm unsure...
    Glad you've received them ok, Zip. I hope you'll enjoy them. The fried Yak parts was spot on! (Himalayan to be specific). We're also planning to come up with a whole gnu line of picks soon...

Post Thanks / Like

Got the picks, Syo, thanks so much. I really like the feel of the material and the way it interacts with the strings; definitely different than the V-pick, for example, and the various thicknesses give a really nice range and variety of tonal shadings. Some day I hope to get to a more serious Hell purchase to go with them, tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Limited Free Stuff!

I didn't make the free cut, so I purchased some from the web site.

They turned up very quickly and while a bit pricy for pics certainly don't break the bank.

The pack comes with three thicknesses, and I got two packs. The thick ones are too much for me, although are the quietest on the strings. I might see if my son likes them on bass.

The mediums are Ok, and probably better than what I was using, but the thin ones I just can't put down. The fit so comfortably in the hand, have a great feel on the strings and have a smooth tone. I've tried a variety of music and can't fault them. These are my pick of choice

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234