Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD - American Standard Strat
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NGD - American Standard Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Default NGD - American Standard Strat

I've been looking for a good deal on this specific Strat model for awhile and came across one on eBay for a very reasonable BIN price last week. It's an American Standard with an ash body, sienna sunburst finish and a rosewood fingerboard. I really lucked out on this one because it turned out to be a 2012 model, so it has the upgraded Custom Shop Fat '50 pickups which sound fabulous--power & clarity both, which can be hard to get in a single coil. Nice chunk of ash--three pieces, seamlessly joined together--and the grain pops out more than the photos show. Not too heavy, either. The sienna sunburst is the only American Standard color that Fender offers in ash, and I've loved this color since I first saw it. Though the guitar was sold as "used", it had obviously never been played--not a mark on it, protective plastic on the pickguard and rear cover plate, HSC with all the accessories (cord, strap, polishing cloth & trem bar) still wrapped up in the factory packing. Any marks you see in the photos below are just smudges from me handling it, or light/flash reflections. The seller was a music store in southeast Missouri, so I don't know if this was close-out stock, or a display model, or what. In any case, a beautiful guitar in unplayed condition. Set-up & intonation are spot-on--all I have to do is play it! Which I intend to do. A lot!

And if you'd like to help me pay for it: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/21205

A few pics:

Last edited by duhvoodooman; February 7th, 2013 at 09:49 AM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I heard someone playing "Foxy Lady" very loudly somewhere out east!

Looks sweet! HNGD!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Play the crap out of it!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

A classic!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a beauty...ENJOY!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a pretty guitar, Bob. Movin' up in the world, eh?

Are you mostly a strat player or do you mix it up? I really respect you guys who can jump around from instrument to instrument; it takes me a long time to really get comfortable with a guitar and use it for all it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Wow now that's what I call a strat ! Love the colour, always wanted one like Clapton's or Buddy Holly's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Are you mostly a strat player or do you mix it up? I really respect you guys who can jump around from instrument to instrument; it takes me a long time to really get comfortable with a guitar and use it for all it's worth.
    While I probably play my Strats more than anything else, I've never had trouble jumping between them and the shorter scale Gibson type guitars. I'd like to think that I can sound equally bad on pretty much any guitar!

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice find, DVM! I love the subtle no black burst on it, and the wood grain is delicious.

Post Thanks / Like

Love this color always have since its intro and of course im an ash man

Sweet looking fo-sho

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking guitar. Congrats. Does that come with locking tuners?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope--very nice staggered height ones, but not locking. You have to go up another $400 to the American Deluxe Strats to get the locking tuners.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Gah! Why did I have to see that! I never knew there was such a thing of beauty as an American-Standard-ash-with-sienna-burst-finish-Strat before, and now I lust for one! Thanks for nothing!

Congrats, DVM - nice snag! Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Dibs if you ever want to sell it! We can meet up halfway in Watertown and I'll buy lunch!
    Nice looking guitar DVM... Congrats!
    David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thats really nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous! Beautiful Strat, DVM, and congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys! I'm really enjoying this guitar. The Fat '50's pickups are really impressing me--the tone through my Tweed Royal or AC15 is to die for, both clean and with light to moderate overdrive.

One correction, which I added to my original post--the body is three pieces of ash, not a single piece. I came across references to a "3-piece ash body" a couple of places online, and when I looked VERY closely, I could discern a discontinuity in the grain about 2.5 - 3" from center on either side. But I can't see any discernible seam where the pieces are joined, and there's no change in shade between them--pretty impressive job of matching up the three pieces. The closer I look this guitar over, the more impressed I am with the workmanship.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Gah! Why did I have to see that! I never knew there was such a thing of beauty as an American-Standard-ash-with-sienna-burst-finish-Strat before, and now I lust for one! Thanks for nothing!

Congrats, DVM - nice snag! Have fun!
    I am sure DVM can attest to the fact that the siennaburst is way better looking than pics can convey!!!

That strat has the newer fat fifties pups and better circuitry than the older ones a plus for sure and a nice ash

DAMN VOODOO MAN

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're having fun with your new axe Vood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast