Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD - American Standard Strat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NGD - American Standard Strat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    I am sure DVM can attest to the fact that the siennaburst is way better looking than pics can convey!!!
    Very true, Muddy. The shots I took were indoors with a flash, and I had to shoot at an angle to keep the flash reflections at bay. Unfortunately, that mutes the appearance of the wood grain--you can see that especially well in the body shot, where the grain shows pretty well on the upper part of the body but really fades out down lower. Hope to be able to take some daylight shots out on my front porch this weekend....after the Nor'easter blows by!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That's sharp! Bosstastic, congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Yowza. What a sweet-looking strat!

Congratulations on your new baby DVM.

Post Thanks / Like

Never one to leave well enough alone, I'm in the process of changing the pickguard and doing a pickup wiring mod on the guitar. As gorgeous as the wood and the finish on the body are, I found the plain white pickguard (yawn) a bit pedestrian. Ordered one in vintage pearl from Warmoth, got it on Monday, and moved the electronics over to it last night. Not only does it dress up the guitar, but I also like the match with the aged white pickup covers & control knob a lot more. Here's the guitar as it currently stands:

The guitar isn't all the way back together because I also have a push-pull pot coming to let me add a switch for my favorite Strat pickup wiring mod, namely adding the bridge pickup in series to whatever other pickup combo is selected. Details here: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/9616

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

We are not at all surprised that you modded the Strat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NGD - American Standard Strat

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    We are not at all surprised that you modded the Strat.
    Not only that but he took the bridge clean off! That's hard core. That's old school. He can rawk without any strings!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful guitar DVM, congrats. I have yet to bond with a strat, and I believe the p'ups are the culprit. For sure comfortable hanging around your neck.

On a separate, but related note

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    The Fat '50's pickups are really impressing me--the tone through my Tweed Royal or AC15 is to die for, both clean and with light to moderate overdrive.

Have I missed your review of this amp, now that she's been up and running for a little while?
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    ....Have I missed your review of this amp, now that she's been up and running for a little while?
    Just posted at some length in my Tweed Royal thread: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...510#post232510

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Not only that but he took the bridge clean off! That's hard core. That's old school. He can rawk without any strings!
    Strings?!? We don't need no stinkin' STRINGS!! They're just a crutch for second-rate players. Since I took them off, I haven't played one bad note on the guitar....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting - 2 point trem. I was reading somewhere recently about Suhr strats "not sounding like a strat unless they have the 6-point trem"....

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats DVM! Yeah those strings are way too slinky. Can't even see them.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

New pickguard & series switch work complete--take a look at the first two photos in my original post in this thread to see the guitar as it looks now.

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Interesting - 2 point trem. I was reading somewhere recently about Suhr strats "not sounding like a strat unless they have the 6-point trem"....
    Hmm, that's pretty strange. The higher end Fender Strats have used the 2-point trem system for many years now--much better tuning stability than the old vintage 6-screw trem. The two point trem uses the same kind of knife-edge-in-a-pivot-slot system that a FR trem uses, just without any of the string-locking stuff. And I assure you, this guitar sounds exactly like a Strat should!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed on the two point trem..although ive had nice guitars with both........the only modern style fender bridges I dont care so much about or less than what I personally like is the modern style six saddle or compensated tele bridge over the 3 barrel. I know the tuning stability is supposed to be poorer but a true tele sound atleast to my ears is the 3 barrel!! DVM: I see your next mod being a back trem cover to match the front.That guitar is to pretty to not dress out her backside also!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    DVM: I see your next mod being a back trem cover to match the front.That guitar is to pretty to not dress out her backside also!!!!
    Yeah, I was thinking about that last night when I was putting the guitar back together and re-mounted the plain white trem cover....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

What type of strap buttons are those DVM?

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a nice Strat!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a really nice strat.... well done sir !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12