Thread: Broken Saddle help/advice please!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Broken Saddle help/advice please!

Hey guys, i was playing my Mitchell acoustic ( http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...coustic-guitar ) and the saddle broke at the e string. i took the broken saddle to a local guitar shop and they told me to super glue it and it should hold..... it didn't hold. i was told i should upgrade to a bone saddle but i don't have that kinda money. Since i know i can upgrade now for a better quality saddle, what can you guys say to help? if i take it to the only shop in town, they will have to order and a good 80% chance the work is done but that's a lot of money, but yet if i order my own, how can i sand it down to size? what kind to buy? personal experiences? recommendations or honest answers? any other quick tweaks or big tips to get the best sound out of acoustic? i hope to not buy another acoustic and i play constantly. i appreciate the help if you can. Rock on!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna bet that there's a GraphTech Tusq (man made ivory) saddle that'll work for your guitar. They have many, and the precise dimensions are listed. It would, however, require bottom-sanding for height. Measure your current saddle and see what they have to match. I like Tusq nuts and saddles, and have had good experiences with them.

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?SubCategoryID=1

Once you determine the part number, check eBay and other websites for pricing that is often better than from the manufacturer, $10 or less.

Post Thanks / Like

Great advice as i was going to say the same tusq!!! Also get the compensated saddle.