Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Northeast weather quiet, not for long..!

Thread: Northeast weather quiet, not for long..!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northeast weather quiet, not for long..!

Here we go again, snow storm coming from from Midwest arriving Friday night into Saturday. DVM, watch that guitar shipment (or the Am. Std. is home already?)..!

Prediction is 12 in. where I am now (Cape Cod), but more like 24 in Boston burbs, where I need to go Monday. Hopefully, by then most of it will be cleared -and good neighbor will clear a basic path to my doorway...

Speaking of Cape Cod, went to an Open Mic night for first time - spectating only, please!, but Sweetie did two Robert Frost poem readings! Small attendance, but it was a hoot, "Bert" did a Indian music inspired jazzy tune, prompting audience to hum to emulate that other Indian instrument with the "wavy" sound(?)... Came out terrific!
    Others participants were equally interesting. Great to see several different guitar strumming styles in the same session. A good night
    Last edited by poodlesrule; February 7th, 2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: detail
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Northeast weather quiet, not for long..!

Yeah, we're getting snow, then rain, then snow. I threw the snow today and it had a nice crunchy layer of ice on top. At least the pavement isn't ice coated.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Chicago - freezing rain since last night.

The whole family is by you Poodlesrule - From Plymouth Ma stretching north to Winnipesaukee. Just got the email that a family gathering for Sunday in Portsmouth is cancelled. they're expecting a real doozy.

Hang in there. The Cape is a wonderful place to be snowed in. Assuming the power stays on, it's hard for me to feel too sorry for you.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There's a possibility of snow up to 30" near Boston, per the NWS!

You can keep that much unless it is at a ski resort. The most I've ever experienced was 24" in 24 hours at Park City, Utah.

Post Thanks / Like

General food shopping frenzy as usual...!

And yes, the Cape is quite something in winter. Just a couple of weeks ago the bay side tidal flats (very shallow) were covered with ice blocks, as far as you could see, totally breathtaking - I need to buy another camera!

Boston area with 30 inches will be interesting. Maybe it will all fall in a short amount of time, allowing early cleanup?
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poodlesrule View Post
    Boston area with 30 inches will be interesting. Maybe it will all fall in a short amount of time, allowing early cleanup?
    Keep dreaming........for an early cleanup. Philly get 30+ inches in the infamous Blizzard of 1996. Work was closed for a week.........we had nowhere to put all the snow, we had that much of it. At one point the snow trucks were dumping loads of snow into our 2 main rivers. It was so crazy, it was actually funny.

Last nite, the TV said 1-3" Friday nite in Saturday morning. Now, they're saying 4-7". UGH!!!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Northeast weather quiet, not for long..!

Whoa sounds like you guys will get thick blankets of snow soon!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.