Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
Nice! That EMG pickup is basically the same as the one in my bass, except mine's in a soapbar enclosure. I really like it. The Badass bridge is a nice upgrade too. Can't beat a good P-bass, that's for sure. Put some flats on there and get your James Jamerson on! The nice thing about flats is that you only need one set for your entire life.

I've always preferred the string spacing on a Jazz bass, which my LTD has. My Spector had a P-bass spacing, but I didn't really mind it at all. I'm WAY more picky about guitar necks than I am about bass necks.
It's weird: I'm much more holistic when it comes to bass. By that I mean that I go considerably less by specs and instead just kind of work off of what I hear and feel. Perhaps that means I care less. I think it's mostly a product of me going spec-hunting with guitars for many years and ultimately determining that it doesn't matter as much as I might have thought at one time. I'm happy to just look for good deals and go with what feels good on bass.