Thread: New Transatlantic album for 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Transatlantic album for 2013

Just confirmed today.

I checked in at The Flower Kings forum and someone had asked if anything was going to happen with Transatlantic. This was asked because Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse and The Flower Kings have been touring together the past month in Europe. Three acts on the same bill.

Neal had let slip that something was in the works so somebody asked Roine if it was true and he confirmed it is.

Transatlantic is Neal Morse (Flying Colors, Transatlantic, Yellow Matter Custard, Spock's Beard), Mike Portnoy (Flying Colors, Dream Theater, Transatlantic, and everybody else that is good), Pete Trewavas (Marillion, Transatlantic, Big Big Train), and Roine Stolt (The Flower Kings, Agents Of Mercy, Transatlantic).

The last Transatlantic album, The Whirlwind, was one of the best selling Progressive albums of the past decade. Neal's 2012 album Momentum was voted one of the top 10 Progressive albums of the year along with Pete's Marillion album Sounds That Can't Be Made. When these guys get together it is magic.

Full concert.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the video, one thing that strikes me is seeing a prog bass player playing a four-string! It's like seeing Sasquatch or something

Is Daniel Gildenlöw not really a member of the band per se? I like Mike Portnoy's Boba Fett bobblehead too.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Daniel is a touring member of the band. He brings a lot of energy to the live shows and of course an incredible amount of musicianship. He is also very prominent on The Flower Kings album Adam and Eve.

Chris Squire, John Wetton, Greg Lake and John Jowitt are all 4 string players.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.