Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nad

Excellent! Rock the rafters!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

And someone HAS to say this:

PICS?

Congrats Don!

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

You could possibly try a highly sensitive speaker like the Eminence Ragin' Cajun. This speaker made my SCXD a "lot" louder and also made it sound better, to my ear.

A highly sensitive speaker will sound potentially a "lot" louder than the stock speaker, and a lot of the times the stock speakers in the Fender amps are low sensitivity speakers; so this leaves a lot of room to get your amp sounding a lot louder just by replacing the speaker with a good sounding highly sensitive speaker. The Ragin' Cajun is a ten inch speaker and sounds good to a lot of people, and it's only about 65 dollars.

Another option would be to use "just" an extension speaker cabinet with a good twelve or fifteen inch guitar speaker in it. I'd personally get a highly sensitive one and enjoy a lot more volume. Just a few dB of sensitivity can give you a major increase in volume, and if you can get
    5 dB increase in sensitivity you will be getting a major increase in sensitivity and resultant volume. I would not think that a five dB difference between a stock Princeton speaker and a highly sensitive speaker would be difficult find.

Sometimes it seems like the simplest solutions are the best ones.

Good luck with what ever option you decide to go with.

Post Thanks / Like

The "Eminence Ragin' Cajun" is a really good speaker! I little bit of a departure from the tweed sound but great for getting in your face at lower volumes. And much warmer than I expected it to be. Definitely a solid upgrade for most stock speakers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys !! For now im happy with the jensen alnico and it is damn loud with the empress multidrive!!! The cleans with some tre/vib and reverb is to die for. My first upgrade would be some major tube upgrades and maybe a hotter bias on them.Heard these are biased on the cold side!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have some 8" Jensen MOD's if you'd like to build a 2x8 extension cab.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks brother but I might buy another one of these to do a stereo rig so to speak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12