Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Nad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nad

PIE changed my mind on the vox and bought what I wanted lifes short as you know all to well!! This amp really has my heart racing.........the 2-5 day wait will be hard .........................................would love some opinions good or bad and really would like to hear some real opinions for those who have owned played one!!

http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN2172000132

Post Thanks / Like

Good pick there Mud.......at first I thought it was the Vox AC4TV that came out 1-2 yrs ago. However, the AC4TV has 2 tubes and the AC4C1 has 3 tubes, the difference being an extra 12AX7.

The review below is pretty much all positive until you have to take the back off to get at the tubes. Sounds like a good amp and you ought to have fun with it. 10" Celestion Speaker.

Any tube will give you some sparkle for slide and this ought to fill the bill without getting the horses all jumpy.

BTW Mud......check this link out for some very reasonably priced lap steels. Tremblay is up in Canada and some guys on the SteelGuitar Forum have Tremblay steels.

http://www.tremblayguitars.com/

Here's an Atlanta GA fella, Steve Cunningham, who is a fabulous lap steeler. Here's a clip of him. He recently got a Tremblay steel though that isn't the steel he uses in this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcuxTVBVepI

Post Thanks / Like

Damn Mud......that was a quick change. lol Looks like a killer amp for slide. The ad didn't say what tubes are under the hood......my guess is 6V6 or 6L6s.

Anyway, the recommendation still stands for the Tremblay lap steels. He has a fairly quick turn-around time too.

Post Thanks / Like

well I think this time around im taking no prisoners ........like to get one of those lappys ya got made!! That or a new/old supro!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A Princeton is on my LUST list! The greenback is a sweet upgrade.

Hsoon-to-beAD, Muddy!

Post Thanks / Like

I have lusted over one of these and I got the last one from zzsounds...only 250 made not sure if thats 250 blue 250 green......anyways the green has the jensen go figure I would of put the greenback in the green color amp ...but who's BIATCHING!!! I see a daphne blue strat in our future!!!! I will have to take a few pics from the puter until I get a stinking camera!! Looking at several websites its not clear whether this has a celstion or jensen I hate that, you would think specs would be right .......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! THE JENSEN IS AN UPGRADED ALNICO SPEAKER AND IVE NEVER USED ALNICOS ANY HELP HERE ON ALNICOS IN GENERAL IS APPRECIATED! ATLEAST THESE ARE ITALY MADE AND NOT CHINA/celestions

From reading reviews these are considered the upgrade with the exception being the new sparkly P.R. ones which have the celestion gold alnico but runs about $200-300 more!! I swear I learn more and more everyday or atleast remember more of what ive forgotten

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the new amph.

I have a 1970s Princeton Reverb that I got back then in high school. I always thought the speaker was weak. I upgraded to a 10" alnico and it really sings now without farting out. Seems like I get more loud clean volume when I changed to that speaker too. I don't use it all the time, but when I do it sounds great and it starts me to thinking why I would need anything else. Then I go to a jam and realize that I have louder amps for that reason.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    well I think this time around im taking no prisoners ........like to get one of those lappys ya got made!! That or a new/old supro!!
    The guy that makes my steels usually has a 6 mth turn-around. Jason Lollar makes new Supro pups that postively scream blues......so if you pick up an old Supro and get Lollar to make you that pup, that might be the way to go. Here's Lollar's info on that pup.

http://www.lollarguitars.com/mm5/mer...guitar-pickups

Post Thanks / Like

nice im on that PIE and thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello donald mooney

Here is an update on your zZounds.com order, order number ZZ2415199.

Items on this order have updated status (Shipped).

Fender Limited Edition '65 Princeton Guitar Combo Amplifier (15 Watts,
    1x10") - Shipped

WOOHOOO!!!!!!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats man! That is surely a SWEET sounding amp!

Rock on bro.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Good thing you jumped on it when you did, Muddy - I just clicked the link to check it out and it says: "This product is no longer available at zZounds." !

Oh, thought you should know - I used the order number you posted to go in and make sure that they had the 'right' shipping address...:

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely lustworthy! Great choice, Muddy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    Good thing you jumped on it when you did, Muddy - I just clicked the link to check it out and it says: "This product is no longer available at zZounds." !

Oh, thought you should know - I used the order number you posted to go in and make sure that they had the 'right' shipping address...:
    Well just ship it on to bama after you break her in!!!

Post Thanks / Like

1948 Supro Comet, for sale up the road a bit for a mere $375.00 Even color co-ordinates with that powder puff amp you just bought, Muddy.....

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

What a cool looking piece that is! Talk about yer retro mojo!

Post Thanks / Like

Tio id be all over it but im amp broke now!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post

Absolutely lustworthy! Great choice, Muddy!
    Oh, baby! What a sound with that Tele!!! Sorry, Muddy - it may be a long break-in period!

Post Thanks / Like

-

2/21/2013 - Thursday

6:01 pm

Delivered

Clanton, AL

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

8:33 am

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Well the amp is here and it is a keeper!!! Read some bad reviews of a speaker baffle rattle on the first year ones and mine(newer) had just a lil remnants of glue or such as a possible remedy.I did have a lil rattle with bass on 10 and treb 10 verb 5 but a screwdriver to the back panels took care of all noise but just to be sure I siliconed lightly finger bead around baffle for no rattle period!! She sounds sweet and I mean it.I was a bit sad to see a manufactured baffle (MDF) and cab(not sure about this part but baffle is MDF) I was expecting wood for that price and for the amount of attention that was paid to the build quality because it is spot on !!! I will build a ext cab out of hardwood ply fo-sho!! It is a good day!!!

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin...der_Combo.aspx

Well I dug this up to remind me that unless I change OT ill have to switch internal speaker to a 16 ohm and get a ext cab with an 16 ohm speaker to match a 8 ohm total load.(seems the easiest way to me moreso than the pro answer and other poster).....can somone confirm this as I have trouble remembering things these days...........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast