We've put this off as long as possible, but when quality of life drops below a certain point, the best thing is to end the pain. At almost 14, Catunda Kate (her racing name) has outlived most greyhounds. Lately, we have to help her just to stand up sometimes, and she can't always hold her bowels until she gets outside. We can't keep weight on her. The last 2 days she has been in pain, even with the med's.

She was born in Ireland. Her father was the only dog to win both the Irish and English Derbies. She raced there, then moved to the East cost and raced tracks like Wheeling Downs in WV as well as Florida before moving here to race. After she retired, she had two litters. We adopted her when she was 7 1/2 years old. I've tracked a few of her pup's and grand children to see them become successful open class racers.

We've run across many greyhounds, and I honestly have never seen one as sweet and Kate. I've been petting her and giving her treats she loves for these last few hours. She will be missed dearly.

Today...

Past...