Thread: Well tell me what ya think

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well tell me what ya think

This is my first posting of a tune ever. Beware this is what I call elevator music! Its called Noodle becuase I was noodling around with some chords and my wife loved the sound of them. So a little here and there now its a whole song, and my sweetie loves it! She likes to play it while working or when she paints.

I did this in Sonar using mostly my strat and the two little lead breaks were on the ES335 all guitars were miced, I recorded my Bass direct the voices were from my TR Keyboard recorded direct and finally the drums I pounded in with my Korg padKontrol using BFD drums. Im really interested in your feedback regarding the mix, as far as musicianship I know that needs work but its part of the journey. Hope you enjoy your elevator ride

Going up!!

http://www.mediamax.com/marklench/Hosted/Noodle%21.mp3
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    This is my first posting of a tune ever. Beware this is what I call elevator music! Its called Noodle becuase I was noodling around with some chords and my wife loved the sound of them. So a little here and there now its a whole song, and my sweetie loves it! She likes to play it while working or when she paints.

I did this in Sonar using mostly my strat and the two little lead breaks were on the ES335 all guitars were miced, I recorded my Bass direct the voices were from my TR Keyboard recorded direct and finally the drums I pounded in with my Korg padKontrol using BFD drums. Im really interested in your feedback regarding the mix, as far as musicianship I know that needs work but its part of the journey. Hope you enjoy your elevator ride

Going up!!

http://www.mediamax.com/marklench/Hosted/Noodle%21.mp3

Very cool!! The first part really drew me in with the drums. I could envision doing yoga or stretching with it. As far as the mix goes, some of the guitar leads in the middle (mainly the first one) seemed to fight just a little with the same drums that drew me in at the beginning somehow. IMO. Overall, liked it very much! Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; December 28th, 2006 at 12:19 AM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Mark. Thanks for sharing your music with us.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda U2-ish...Loved it! Reminds me of the music The Edge did for the movie "Captive"...

Play your guitar daily!

Post Thanks / Like

In a good sense...I could hear Cindy Lauper singing over this at the beginning... than on to ricky martin.....ok, so I am strange in duet match ups..... but your music was kick'n it... nice job... i enjoyed it..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thank you guys! Im finding you learn a lot by recording yourself and I tend to be my own worst critic.
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mark,

I tried to download this file but the site told me that the link was incorrect.
    Have you moved this file since you posted it? I'd love to hear it.

Thanks, -- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Try it now Jim its fixed. I forgot to verify my address with them I had just signed up.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing, it's beautiful! Well done.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, it sounds good! The audio quality was very good, and I really like the synth voices. Korg or Roland?
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Its a Korg TR-61 I really like it. Thank you again for your compliments real confidence booster!

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice very nice indeed Mark!
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Very beautiful indeed and an excellent production too. This is definitely FretNet CD material. Way to go.
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt