Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Acoustic-Electric advice needed.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acoustic-Electric advice needed....

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing Grace on a lap steel in Open E thru an overdriven tube amp would just KILL.....just sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    Amazing Grace on a lap steel in Open E thru an overdriven tube amp would just KILL.....just sayin'.
    Funny you should mention that. Just a couple of days ago, I was fooling around trying (badly) to play that with a slide on my P-Rails Tele tuned to open G. Might be able to make it semi-presentable with some practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    ....do you have all of the necessary musicians?
    In pretty good shape there. We have some good voices, two guitars, a bass, and a drummer. Working on firming up a keyboard player.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That is alot of bang for the buck!!! CONGRATS BROTHER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    That is alot of bang for the buck!!! CONGRATS BROTHER!
    Thanks, Muddy!

Here's a pic from the eBay listing:

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    Funny you should mention that. Just a couple of days ago, I was fooling around trying (badly) to play that with a slide on my P-Rails Tele tuned to open G. Might be able to make it semi-presentable with some practice.
    Lemme make sure you are properly inspired.....heh-heh........Sarah Jory is primarily known for her pedal steel work but on this she plays some mean slide.....she cranks it up around 2:45 in.

Post Thanks / Like

Link please between you me and tig we might have half a memory!!....ha!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Solid score man!!! And from my neck of the woods! Better keep that polishing rag handy!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat View Post
    Link please between you me and tig we might have half a memory!!....ha!!!
    This one, I'd guess: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpx87LuDM4E

If I could REMOTELY play that, my guess is that about half of our conservative Lutheran congregation would vapor-lock and meet their Maker right on the spot.

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that was sweet!! I can play a version but she puts me to shame!!!!! I had goose bumps a tear in my eye and a big ol smile on my face while watching this!!!! My heaven would be Duane playing a version of this at the pearly gates!!! Hopefully im not on the downtown train instead of the uptown train!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What the heck is wrong with me forgetting the YouTube link? Good grief. Thanks Vood.

One of the things that I love about slide/lap steel is that you can just hit the EMOTION of playing just with a few notes....this clip exemplifies what I mean, especially once she cranks the amp past 2:45.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    ....especially once she cranks the amp past 2:45.
    I don't disagree with your point at all--just want to point out that what she does at 2:45 is to dial up the volume control on the guitar. No need to touch the amp....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I wasn't watching her right hand at all.....I was watching her slide hand. I didn't realize she changed her git volume.....I just assumed she hit a boost/OD pedal. lol

Post Thanks / Like

There for awhile, I wasn't watching either of her hands....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

There for awhile, I wasn't watching either of her hands....
    Whew!! I wanted to say that but was afraid everyone would think I'm an egghead. BUT....!!!! A wee bit of a looker she was!

Post Thanks / Like

I was hearing the song motorboating by lil big town in my head but my ears were hearing A.G. Typical devil on my left shoulder and angel on my right!!

Yep that comment landed me a slap on my backside angel wins again!!!

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I like that amber tint to the top. Very beautiful guitar and all solid wood. I bet you will really like that pickup pre-amp rig.

Post Thanks / Like

In that price you should definitely look at a used Taylor 214E.....excellent guitar and electronics.

Post Thanks / Like

Been looking at a Masterbuilt myself, specifically the AJ500R, slope shouldered dreadnaught with Rosewood B/S. The couple of mahogany ones I've played are really nice and they're a great value, hard to find much that good at that price point. I have a couple of Recording Kings - a nice Adi-topped solid mahogany dread (RD-316) and a solid maple bodied L00 blues box (RNJ-25) that are fantastic guitars, but hard to find local dealers that carry them so you can play them. I also just bought a solid mahogany Eastman OM (AC-512M) that is the nicest guitar I've ever owned, but again, not a lot of dealers around that carry them. Buy most of my guitars online, but do a lot of research before pulling the trigger, definitely nicer when you can play the one your taking home!

Glad you found a good one, if you live in dry country like me (Colorado), be sure to keep it in a case and get a humidifier for it...my necks and tops can warp enough to get fret buzz in a week or so in the winter here.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

The deal is done!

Will post more when it arrives....
    I have been interested in reading about your experience with the Masterbilt. Has it not arrived yet? It seems like it has been a while. It definitely will be interesting to hear about the new Epi, for sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast