Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NFL 2013 [American Football] - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2013 [American Football]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    This is what happens when you check the news after you post.

The Hernandez story looks like it may be getting even worse. According to the Boston Globe, police are also investigating Hernandez's role in a 2012 double murder.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013...DYM/story.html
    I saw that too. I don't like to judge things from afar, but it's not looking good for him. I'll never understand what prompts people to throw their lives away because they feel disrespected.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    I saw that too. I don't like to judge things from afar, but it's not looking good for him. I'll never understand what prompts people to throw their lives away because they feel disrespected.
    Star athletes and probably just STARS in general sometimes act as though they have an "aura of invincibility" around them and that anything they do can be explained/reasoned/ignored away because of who they are. It's narcissism taken to the extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never understand what prompts people to throw their lives away because they feel disrespected.
    I'll see that and raise you this, I'll never understand what prompts people to take someone else's life for pretty much any reason other than self-defense.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll see that and raise you this, I'll never understand what prompts people to take someone else's life for pretty much any reason other than self-defense.
    The illusion of power and domination.......it goes back to the beginning of time when one group of people, or one person, dominated another. It's control....it's because "they just can".....they're the head muckety-muck and impervious to persecution because they're on top of the scrap heap. Some people just have that need to dominate and keep others under their thumb and because those people know things that maybe they could squeal about, then they become expendable.

Twisted and sick for sure......but it is what it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

While knowing nothing about the evidence in the case, the news sure does not make things look good. I wonder how much steroid use factors in to poor decision making. Hard to say, as there may be lots of reasons for the incorrect thinking in this case.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The good sources of local news indicate that there is video evidence throughout the whole evening, with almost no gap, including street cameras in the victim's neighborhood, and of course AH's home security system
    Street cameras in Boston, huh..??!? Coincidence, George Orwell's birthday was two or three days ago.

Too bad that the young lad did not see that associating with characters like that was not safe....
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

The Bucs traded CB Eric Wright to the 49ers. It appears that first-round pick Jonathan Banks will be the second starter. It also suggests that with camp opening this week, they're pretty confident about Revis' health.

Post Thanks / Like

To update that previous post, that trade was voided upon Wright failing his physical for the 49ers, so instead he was released by the Bucs. Either way, it suggests the Bucs are either confident Banks will be a better pro than Wright or they know that by the end of training camp there are always veterans available that could offer at least as much value as Wright.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...6pLid%3D350169

lolol I guess he did fire his agent! Holy crap.......he could have picked up an easy 2 mil just by going to scheduled offseason team workouts......as stipulated in his contract. The agent deserves to be fired....what a schmuck.

Funny thing is, Tarell Brown wants to sit down with coach Jim Harbaugh and see if there's anyway he can get some of that money. I hope they don't give him a red cent. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    The agent deserves to be fired....what a schmuck.
    No kidding. If that were my client I'd have been there to wake him up and drive him to the workouts myself to make sure I got my agent's cut of that 2 million.

Post Thanks / Like

WR Jeremy Maclin of the IGGLES out for the season with a torn ACL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...6pLid%3D350169

lolol I guess he did fire his agent! Holy crap.......he could have picked up an easy 2 mil just by going to scheduled offseason team workouts......as stipulated in his contract. The agent deserves to be fired....what a schmuck.

Funny thing is, Tarell Brown wants to sit down with coach Jim Harbaugh and see if there's anyway he can get some of that money. I hope they don't give him a red cent. lol
    Bummer for him. But I am going to resist his request to "pray for him" over getting the money. I think there are higher priority matters requiring prayer.

On a positive note, I just got to attend my first game ever at Century Link in Seattle, for a Seattle Sounders game! What a great facility! I hope to make a Seahawks game there sometime. I am a bit out of it right now on the Seahawks news and football news in general other than the bigger stories being posted here. But it is getting close!

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Oh rats Steve, you should have told me you coming to town! We could have met for beers.

For the Seahawks, all I seem to see are stories about them being possibly the strongest team in the league. Lots of hype on them.

I try to ignore all that since I don't want to set my expectations too high. I'd rather focus on enjoying one game at a time.

I do have to agree that the NFC West is shaping up to be the toughest division. The Rams and the 49'ers are going to be hard to beat. Not worried about the Cardinals in the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    Bummer for him. But I am going to resist his request to "pray for him" over getting the money. I think there are higher priority matters requiring prayer.
    I'm more put off that he feels anyone of us should be concerned for his financial well-being at all, through prayer or otherwise.

You guys know that I am far from being one of those people that resents professional athletes for the money they make. The market is what it is and if someone is willing to pay these guys that kind of money then they should take every last penny.

That said, it is the height of audacity to suggest that I should be even remotely concerned that this young man will only make $950,000 this year, more than I will make the rest of my life.

Post Thanks / Like

I read that WR Percy Harvin will have surgery to fix an injured hip. 3-4 months out at least. That's a bummer for the Seahawks, though they still have plenty of other weapons on offense.

Post Thanks / Like

How did we know that something weird would happen with Harvin? Oh, yeah, it always does. Every Vikings fan is nodding their head right now.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

How did we know that something weird would happen with Harvin? Oh, yeah, it always does. Every Vikings fan is nodding their head right now.
    Every Vikings' fan thinks suffering from debilitating migraine headaches is weird? Not a particularly enlightened bunch I suppose. I don't recall any other injuries or odd things happening to him.

Post Thanks / Like

I read that WR Percy Harvin will have surgery to fix an injured hip. 3-4 months out at least. That's a bummer for the Seahawks, though they still have plenty of other weapons on offense.
    Yeah, that really stinks. However, we did pretty well offensively last season without Harvin and with some nice additions to the defense I think we'll do fine until he starts.

Without a high-cost quarterback (for now anyway), the Seahawks can put that money into other much-needed positions and do quite well. I think the NFC West will be very exciting this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Every Vikings' fan thinks suffering from debilitating migraine headaches is weird? Not a particularly enlightened bunch I suppose. I don't recall any other injuries or odd things happening to him.
    Seriously? That's the conclusion you jumped to?

No, clearly you aren't an NFC North fan. Harvin is forever surrounded by drama of one form or another.

Two quotes from ESPN's NFC North blogger on Twitter yesterday sum it up perfectly:
    I miss PercyWorld and its inhabitant

Could anyone have known Percy Harvin would need hip surgery? No. Could anyone predict something odd would happen around him? 100 pct yes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast