Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Pretty Awesome Gig

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    GVL FLA USA
    Posts
    4,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Pretty Awesome Gig

    Last night supporting Barb Wire Dolls from LA (originally Crete, Greece):











    It was pretty chaotic, in a good punk rock way. An old friend of mine decided to send me a love tap, via an ice cube, check the forehead closely, fortunately it didn't bleed much:



    My son came and roadie'd for me, here he is posing with my friend Dave (Dave's idea, haha):



    We also snuck his girlfriend in as our merch grrl. Had to run her home after our set to meet curfew (they're both 15, can't believe her dad let her come along), then ran back to see Barb Wire Dolls:



    Good times.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Posts
    12,717
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Looks like rockin' fun!

    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    GVL FLA USA
    Posts
    4,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Looks like rockin' fun!

    That it was!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    PHILLY PA
    Posts
    2,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    We also snuck his girlfriend in as our merch grrl. Had to run her home after our set to meet curfew (they're both 15, can't believe her dad let her come along), then ran back to see Barb Wire Dolls:
    Good times.
    I guess her dad figured that since you're a lawyer.......that you must be somewhat "responsible" and would look-out for her well being.


    Hey Krash.....just wonderin'.......but what do your kids think of you going out and gigging? Do they think of you as the "cool" dad for being up on stage, playing your git and singing?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    7,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pretty Awesome Gig

    Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    I guess her dad figured that since you're a lawyer.......that you must be somewhat "responsible" and would look-out for her well being.
    <Bugs Bunny>He don't know him very well, do he?</Bugs Bunny> :-)
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,048
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It looks like you definitely had fun.

    Nice picture with the black leather and that really nice looking black P90 LP flat top guitar.

    I'm sure your kids are proud of you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Clear Lake, Texas
    Posts
    5,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Awesome gig!
    In their teens kids start getting embarrassed by their parents pretty easy, but I doubt that is the case here.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    PHILLY PA
    Posts
    2,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    In their teens kids start getting embarrassed by their parents pretty easy, but I doubt that is the case here.
    I would agree if Krash was just standing there singing and playing his git ala Clapton. But our beloved Krash is playing the git behind is neck; jumping about the stage air-borne; dropping to his knees for solos, etc........it's those things that I'm wondering about re his kids and how they react to Krash's Extreme git-playing.

    This isn't a knock on Krash by the way......I dig that he's enthusiastic about his music and he knows that he's entertaining people (usually much younger people) and that he has a great stage presence.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    GVL FLA USA
    Posts
    4,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    I guess her dad figured that since you're a lawyer.......that you must be somewhat "responsible" and would look-out for her well being.
    Well, the kids kinda poisoned the well though. I'd been telling them both all week for Haley to tell her dad I would be happy to come over and meet him, or discuss it on the phone (Haley heard that Jack was going and wanted to go along, obviously I wouldn't suggest this), so that he'd be OK with it. She got in hot water over some small other thing and then sprang it on him at the last minute instead. Ah, teens.

    So I had to meet Dad right before the gig. I left the leather jacket and big boots in the van, and went in wearing a hoodie and Converse, but still... all black. Also wore some more "normal" wire frames instead of the Buddy Holleys. Fortunately, the fact that I had gray in my hair, and that our label guy/photog is an Alachua County Sheriff's Deputy, helped sway him.

    Hey Krash.....just wonderin'.......but what do your kids think of you going out and gigging? Do they think of you as the "cool" dad for being up on stage, playing your git and singing?
    Actually, though they seldom admit it, I know deep down they think it's pretty cool. Of course, they grew up with it. I can remember my elder daughter (19) Hannah crawling around on the floor and playing with guitar pedals when we used to do super-low-volume practices (drummer had a little Synsonics-type drumpad, and singers used no PA) with a band called Allen Wrench at Casa Krashpad. Both Jack and Hannah have been to my shows on multiple occasions, when schooling and venue restrictions allowed it. And Hannah taught herself to play bass and even gigged with one of my side bands on one occasion two years ago:



    Oh, and no offense taken by anything/anyone. Frankly I would expect them as teens to be mortified, and I do feel it my parental duty to try to embarrass them.

    Here's a couple pretty cool cell phone pics of Saturday's show snapped by some of my friends. From Jennifer:



    From Phred:


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    PHILLY PA
    Posts
    2,073
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Well, the kids kinda poisoned the well though. I'd been telling them both all week for Haley to tell her dad I would be happy to come over and meet him, or discuss it on the phone (Haley heard that Jack was going and wanted to go along, obviously I wouldn't suggest this), so that he'd be OK with it. She got in hot water over some small other thing and then sprang it on him at the last minute instead. Ah, teens.

    So I had to meet Dad right before the gig. I left the leather jacket and big boots in the van, and went in wearing a hoodie and Converse, but still... all black. Also wore some more "normal" wire frames instead of the Buddy Holleys. Fortunately, the fact that I had gray in my hair, and that our label guy/photog is an Alachua County Sheriff's Deputy, helped sway him.
    LMAO.....LOL.....hahahaha.......OMG, too funny. Krash, it's like you became 16 again and had to meet the DAD before taking his daughter out. Still, it must have made you a smidge nervous as you're on stage and the kids are out in the crowd and you can't protect them from Everything that happens in the world.

    Which is why YOU have to get one of these lap steels.......as it can easily double as an excellent "attitude adjuster" at a moment's notice.......plus, once you pull it out of it's gig-bag, you're sure to get tons of OOHS and AAHS and questions galore.

    http://www.ioffer.com/i/fouke_indust...?source=widget

    I had forgotten that your daughter rocked out on Bass.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    GVL FLA USA
    Posts
    4,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    LMAO.....LOL.....hahahaha.......OMG, too funny. Krash, it's like you became 16 again and had to meet the DAD before taking his daughter out. Still, it must have made you a smidge nervous as you're on stage and the kids are out in the crowd and you can't protect them from Everything that happens in the world.

    Which is why YOU have to get one of these lap steels.......as it can easily double as an excellent "attitude adjuster" at a moment's notice.......plus, once you pull it out of it's gig-bag, you're sure to get tons of OOHS and AAHS and questions galore.

    http://www.ioffer.com/i/fouke_indust...?source=widget
    Haha, actually we went with all-black guitars on Saturday, 'cause that's how we roll.

    In my rack in foreground, back to front: Mitch's Gibson SG, my Frankentele with the minihumbucker in the neck slot, Peavey T-60, and Gibson Les Paul Special:



    The T-60 has got plenty of heft and could take out just about anything in it's path (despite being a lighter poplar one, due to the solid color finish), but the Frankentele would be an even better candidate as it's the beaterest (playable) gitbox in the stable:




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Clear Lake, Texas
    Posts
    5,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
    Haha, actually we went with all-black guitars on Saturday, 'cause that's how we roll.

    Black goes with everything.


    Oh, and I know fiber is an important part of our diet, but do you hafta' chew on your guitars like that, Brian?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    GVL FLA USA
    Posts
    4,324
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Black goes with everything.


    Oh, and I know fiber is an important part of our diet, but do you hafta' chew on your guitars like that, Brian?
    Haha, believe it or not I BOUGHT it like that. A self-styled "DIY luthier" scene bud, Shawn, built that axe and had lent it to his son (speaking of multi-generational stuff), who was in some horrible poseur aggro-emo-goth band, who proceeded to Townshend the eff outta it. Father and son had a falling out (to put it mildly) and the Tele made its way back to dad.

    Shawn then contacted me when he ran out of dosh in the middle of a recording session, and offered to sell me the guitar for a Benjamin even. Given that the neck pup is a Seymour Duncan mini worth at least half that, I took him up on it, and then spent another fifty or so getting it playable and (somewhat more) presentable. It's not only indestructible, but since it's already beat to hell I can really swing it around with abandon. Last time it was gigged was an outdoor show in cold weather, about 4 months ago, where I had tuning fits with all my guitars. At one point in frustration I literally chucked that Tele off sidestage into the dirt, and it's none the worse for wear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •