Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
I guess her dad figured that since you're a lawyer.......that you must be somewhat "responsible" and would look-out for her well being.
Well, the kids kinda poisoned the well though. I'd been telling them both all week for Haley to tell her dad I would be happy to come over and meet him, or discuss it on the phone (Haley heard that Jack was going and wanted to go along, obviously I wouldn't suggest this), so that he'd be OK with it. She got in hot water over some small other thing and then sprang it on him at the last minute instead. Ah, teens.

So I had to meet Dad right before the gig. I left the leather jacket and big boots in the van, and went in wearing a hoodie and Converse, but still... all black. Also wore some more "normal" wire frames instead of the Buddy Holleys. Fortunately, the fact that I had gray in my hair, and that our label guy/photog is an Alachua County Sheriff's Deputy, helped sway him.

Hey Krash.....just wonderin'.......but what do your kids think of you going out and gigging? Do they think of you as the "cool" dad for being up on stage, playing your git and singing?
Actually, though they seldom admit it, I know deep down they think it's pretty cool. Of course, they grew up with it. I can remember my elder daughter (19) Hannah crawling around on the floor and playing with guitar pedals when we used to do super-low-volume practices (drummer had a little Synsonics-type drumpad, and singers used no PA) with a band called Allen Wrench at Casa Krashpad. Both Jack and Hannah have been to my shows on multiple occasions, when schooling and venue restrictions allowed it. And Hannah taught herself to play bass and even gigged with one of my side bands on one occasion two years ago:

Oh, and no offense taken by anything/anyone. Frankly I would expect them as teens to be mortified, and I do feel it my parental duty to try to embarrass them.

Here's a couple pretty cool cell phone pics of Saturday's show snapped by some of my friends. From Jennifer:

From Phred: