Thread: Don't Need No Doctor

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't Need No Doctor

Here is an excerpt from last night's gig. "Don't Need No Doctor". Using a POD HD300 into a Vibrolux. I also boosted the signal with a Daneletro TOD-1.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6808503/clip...ednodoctor.mp3

I went with that rig because I needed a variety of tones, and I was using the stage amp. Worked quite well actually. I used the Preamp model only in the amp model for the HD300.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great rhythm tones and that solo was delicious!

Post Thanks / Like

Gracias por favor!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool bluesy, jazzy version! The only problem is that I kept having the Humble Pie and/or W.A.S.P. versions of the song running through my head
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Great rhythm tones and that solo was delicious!
    +1! Great sound, hot solo!

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno how I missed this, but it sounds great. If I could have gotten that kind of tone when I had an HD300 I would hae kept the thing. And through an amp, too. Downloaded patch or your own invention?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Helliott! I only use my own inventions for the POD units... the problem with them is that you (well I do) sit and mess around and tweak and test FOREVER! I love the simplicity of a basic amp and a pedal - there isn't much knobs to turn! That in turn encourages playing, whereas anything with a lot of knobs end up wasting my time, so to speak. I mean it's cool to be able to tweak, but I end up spending too much time tweaking, compared to what I get out of it. I'm better off practicing playing than practicing tweaking.