Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOLD - Hell Guitars No. 2, Black w/Rosewood & MoP

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1 View Post
    I've gotta say, that is a thoughtful and particularly well written piece...
    Thanks. I used to be a newspaper columnist and a reviewer. Sometimes the fingers just run on autopilot. Re-reading it now, there's so many little things I'd edit. Not the examples or central argument, but I could tweak some of my word choices to sound less desperate and defensive.

Oh well. What's written is written!
    Nothing is anything until it is written. After that, it's everything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davewrites View Post
    Thanks. I used to be a newspaper columnist and a reviewer. Sometimes the fingers just run on autopilot. Re-reading it now, there's so many little things I'd edit. Not the examples or central argument, but I could tweak some of my word choices to sound less desperate and defensive.

Oh well. What's written is written!
    I deal with a lot of desperate and defensive people and your post did not sound like either of those. Just sounded honest. Sounds to me like all of your priorities are in the right place. Godspeed with your son's therapy. And if you need any "GAS" just let us know. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear that your son is getting help via the therapy - children are pretty resilient creatures and can make big changes with timely help. He is lucky to have parents who will sacrifice to find and provide that help - sounds like you've got a strong family thing going there - blessings and good wishes to you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes. When my son finally becomes a chatter box, I'll post a video of him singing a song.

Any requests?

Post Thanks / Like

You talk too much - George Thorogood! When my son was little he didn't talk a lot, but by 6 he talked all the time, by 8 he was talking to himself when nobody else would listen...took him on a camp trip with some buddies and after about 2 days one of my pals says "Does he ever shut up?" "Only when he sleeps..." was my response. As a teenager he didn't talk much again, you know - the sullen, silent type...now he's out of high school and doing his own thing and the house is silent again. I kind of miss the noise, so that's one of the reasons I took up electric guitar again...to fill in the spaces!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Alrighty then... my Hell No. 2 is officially spoken for and will get boxed this weekend.

Thanks to everyone for their time, attention, feedback and well wishes. This has been an odd but therapeutic experience, infinitely more rewarding than if I had trundled down the eBay or Craigslist path.

So, Robert? Do we close the thread now? What is the protocol?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by davewrites View Post
    So, Robert? Do we close the thread now? What is the protocol?
    Cool, this will make someone a happy new owner.

You can try editing the original post and change the thread title with a SOLD at the beginning.
    Click Edit Post, then click the Go Advanced button and change it there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12