I recently found this forum looking for some info...I was quite pleased to find a Squier forum! Ive had a Squier Standard Telecaster walnut stain that I bought myself for my birthday in September to replace my old Ibanez Roadstar I got when I was 13(Im now 34)...I love this Tele!!! So much so that I bought myself a new VOX AD30VT with my Christmas bonus(gift to myself)...

...AND for Christmas, I convenced my dad to get me the Squier Fat Strat HSS walnut stain, from Overstock. It arrived yesterday...and as expected it matches nicely with the Tele's stain. ITS BEAUTIFUL!!! The 60's CBS headstock is even growing on me, I kinda like it now that Ive got one. And the Tele style knobs arent as cool lookin as Id origianlly though...Im probably going to switch them out with Strat knobs soon.

Sorry for the long introduction...now the questions:

The 5 way switch and the humbucker? In the 4th possition, the combo between the middle single coil and the humbucker is just "off" sounding...thats the best way I can describe. And the humber is just hot...so in the 4th possition there is a noticable difference...which just doesnt seem right, but I could be wrong, maybe its normal?

Then my next questions are bout the tremolo, but I'll refrain from asking till I get a chance to change out the strings...but any tremolo setup advice would be appreciated...or links to set up(already checked out Fenders site about set up).

And then lastly, how should I care for these walnut stains? What do I wipe them down with? To care for the lack of paint and urethane...what do I dress the finish with? Ive got fretboard dressing, but seems like a bit much, too thick, too heavy. Or should I use something like Pledge? I really dont like the idea of silicone, but I could be wrong about it. Any suggestions? These stains show finger prints and oils just as bad as any other guitar...what can I use???

Thanks yall, cool (Squier)forum! I cant wait to venture out and check out the other forums