Thread: voodoo lab sparkle drive

Post Thanks / Like

Default voodoo lab sparkle drive

Picked one up used for a good price. Never used one before and so far am quite impressed. Just using the clean boost for now, right after the Fulltone Mosfet OD. Really like what the boost does for single coils -- hard to describe but it's not like any other boost I've tried. Anyone else have thoughts or experience with the sparkle drive?
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love mine, and I play mostly single coils. Start with everything around 12 O'clock, adjusting the gain to flavor and then the clean mix to give it some fine wet/dry tuning.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the concept. Would love to keep all of my dirt in the same loop then control the wet/dry mix of the loop with a wah or volume type blend pedal. Nice way to add some emotional swings to the music.

Post Thanks / Like

IIRC the guys on the SteelGuitarForum like their Sparkle Drives too because it keeps things nice and CLEAN.