Thread: Soundtrack piece - what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Soundtrack piece - what do oyu think?

Hey folks,

There is a bunch of guys doing a documentary on a movie called "the goonies". As far as I know, they did interviews with the original cast (sean astin, richard donner...). On their site they asked poeple to support them with stories and so on, so I thought I transcirbe the main theme from orchestra to guitar and just rock it a little bit! All parts you hear on my MP3 repeat themselves so I did a short basic version only - yesterday after a bunch of days organizing this piece, I recorded it. Rough version! No big deal.

I'll be in the studio the next two weeks and I hope I can record this piece in its entirety with real drums and bass.

What do you think of it so far? (I attached a medley of the themes, I chose the forst theme apporx the first 1,5 minutes)

Hopefully, those guys like it and I get a shot at placing it for the soundtrack.
    Please cross your fingers for me :-)

Regards
    Jimi
    Last edited by Jimi75; March 4th, 2007 at 12:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Hey folks,

There is a bunch of guys doing a documentary on a movie called "the goonies". . . .All parts you hear on my MP3 repeat themselves so I did a short basic version only - yesterday after a bunch of days organizing this piece, I recorded it. Rough version! No big deal.

I'll be in the studio the next two weeks and I hope I can record this piece in its entirety with real drums and bass.

What do you think of it so far? (I attached a medley of the themes, I chose the forst theme apporx the first 1,5 minutes)

Hopefully, those guys like it and I get a shot at placing it for the soundtrack.
    Please cross your fingers for me :-)

Regards
    Jimi
    I personally like it, and think it fits with other examples I have seen of rocking out a more classical type piece. Made me want to get up and dance the pogo!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I also liked it... has a more addictive feel to it while staying with the classical lines..Not only for the documentary, the up tempo would make it nice in a game enviroment... keep up the good work.. fingers crossed.. let us hear the final...

Justa

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you nailed it too and especially liked the guitar harmonies.
    Good Luck!
    "Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa

Yamaha G240
    Epi Dot Deluxe, Squier '51, G&L S-500
    Vox AD30VT, PODxt