Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Another Toy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Toy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, NWBasser.

Buy the way, it was easy to fund this because I cleared out some instruments. I am still pairing down and will ditch two more to bring the collection down to the bear essentials.
    What stays is simply my childhood friend - my old Kramer Pacer Imperial, my JV Strat, my tele, the newly aquired LP, and maybe my Charvel So Cal. Oh, and my old acoustic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not to be a wet blanket, but be sure to check out the finish really well, including the neck. There have been several recent Tribute LP's that had the finish pealing off.
    Of course, that doesn't mean all of them, and you'll likely be fine. Just a heads-up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I have also read that Gibson is passing off MIA guitars that are actually made elsewhere. Interesting...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ~
    I got a 50's Tribute with P-90's and that finish when they first came out a few years ago. The finish has held up very well. The chambered construction gives it a unique tone. It's a great guitar, I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky View Post
    Nice ~
    I got a 50's Tribute with P-90's and that finish when they first came out a few years ago. The finish has held up very well. The chambered construction gives it a unique tone. It's a great guitar, I love it.
    I had a mild interest in the 50s with P90s and regret not getting one. I still have no P90 equipped guitar Nice to know the finish can hold up. I was thinking it would wear in no time at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    I had a mild interest in the 50s with P90s and regret not getting one. I still have no P90 equipped guitar .
    No P90 in your stable? Don't you think that's a condition that needs to be rectified ASAP?

Seriously, unless you hate the sound of a certain-style pup, it's great to have the sonic pallette covered as much as finances allow. lol

On my pup bucket list are the Jason Lollar Supro pups and the VintageVibe Charlie Christian pups.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython View Post
    No P90 in your stable? Don't you think that's a condition that needs to be rectified ASAP?
    I suffer from this same affliction. My friend has essentially this same guitar...pre flood, Rosewood board, P90's, black, 50's neck. the thing just screams "abuse me" and I've come this/close too many times. Hearing Stingx and OtayPanky gush about them is not helping matters at all. I really cannot afford a GAS relapse at the moment.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I have also read that Gibson is passing off MIA guitars that are actually made elsewhere. Interesting...
    What? Where did you read this?

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't touched the JV since purchasing. I love the neck on this guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks, TK. Exactly...490R/498T pickups.
    Cool, I have those pickups in my Studio Doublecut. Congrats!

Hmm, I haven't heard this and it sounds sketchy. There are, however, lots of Chinese-made fake Gibsons floating around. If you bought new at a dealer, there should be no prob.

I had a mild interest in the 50s with P90s and regret not getting one. I still have no P90 equipped guitar
    I'm a big P-90 fan, up to 5 now:

3 solidbodies:

a singlecut w/a single GFS HB-sized bridge P-90

a singlecut w/2 Gibson P-90s

a doublecut w/2 Seymour Duncans

1 purely hollowbody with a dogear Epi and a dogear Rio Grande

1 chambered solidbody w/2 dogear Epi P-90s

Definitely try one out, but be careful, they're addictive!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a really beautiful guitar, congrats !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Toy

Thanks, Monkus. Hey Brian, you have a cool collection. In seeking out a P90 guitar I've been giving thought to a Reverend model. I like to try before buying so that makes it a little tough for me. Always liked them and that would kill two birds with one stone
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks, Monkus. Hey Brian, you have a cool collection. In seeking out a P90 guitar I've been giving thought to a Reverend model. I like to try before buying so that makes it a little tough for me. Always liked them and that would kill two birds with one stone
    Thanks. Man, a Rev would be a cool way to go. I've never owned or even played one, have only seen one played locally once, quite a few years ago. Good luck, and congrats again!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful Axe!! uh oh! i'm getting GAS bigtime now. Love a goldtop, even though I prefer the 60's neck myself. My Paul has BB's in it, might be getting close to a new pup configuration. Also, I love p-90's and having only one gitfiddle such equipped might have to bring another mule into the stable!! Great Find!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12