Thread: Hello! From a not even started beginier

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello! From a not even started beginier

Hello all!

Recently I am interested to learn the guitar, mostly as a hobby after work. I like Jazz and also popular songs.

There are so many choices out there, what is a better choice for beginner? First of all acoustic or electric?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome!

I recommend starting with an acoustic guitar. And you really don't have to spend a lot to get a guitar that plays and sounds good. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to The Fret! We're a beginner friendly group, so feel free to dig through the various threads and ask questions.
    Right here in the Beginners & Newbies section, read the "Some advice on getting started" thread.
    Also, be sure to read several of the informative threads in the Technique, Theory and Playing section:
    http://www.thefret.net/forumdisplay....ry-and-Playing
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both!

Yes, I make up my mind to go with acoustic to start with. I'll check the forum out now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tigs advice is great. This whole site is an amazing library of excellent tips and recommendations. The beginners and newbies section is so good, well, they have a whole section devoted to it. Most forums don't.

I also like the idea of starting out with an acoustic guitar. You don't have to buy much gear to get started. Also, if you take guitar lessons, an acoustic is more portable and preferred by most teachers.

Speaking of lessons, you should check out Robert Renman's Master Guitar Academy. That guy has a lot of clout around here.
    Nothing is anything until it is written. After that, it's everything.