Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flat Top Acoustic to consider within 1000 budget?

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raywongks View Post
    Hello all! : )

Finally, I decided to go with a easier budget one. I pick this one up on my way home today, a Washburn WD7, 200 dollar, it sound okay. Started working with a guiding book, started on the 1st, 2nd string, just BCDEFG notes. The 10,000 hours clock started now. It is fun!

Have a nice day everyone!
    Sounds like a real decent move.

I had the junkiest acoustic for way too many years. It was given to me free. I enjoyed it and played it all the time. It was my only guitar and it was really junk. I used to really enjoy playing a decent guitar now and then. I should have made it a priority to get a decent one. I wound up getting a real nice mandolin, "M" style Aria and paid decent money for it. I really should have gotten a guitar.

Sometimes the stuff you know now, you wish you would have known then.

Decent choice in any case. But remember, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having nice stuff. If, after a while, you want to get a much nicer $1000 guitar, you can definitely do it.

I don't know if you are playing an acoustic electric thru an amp or not, but some of the newer design acoustics like my Yamaha LJX6 or the A1M or A1R, have special pickups that are sensors inside the guitar and they pick up the vibrations of the guitar body and top at strategic places inside the guitar. They are not piezo electric pickups that go under the string saddle in the bridge. Because they are sensors, they pick up the sound of you, for instance, tapping on the top of the guitar and amplify that tapping sound and resonating sound thru the amplifier. Some players include slapping, etc., on the body in their playing style. Piezo pickups don't pick up these sounds and amplify them thru the amp. So, some of these more expensive, sensor pickup design guitars, can provide a more natural acoustic sound when playing thru an amplifier.

There is nothing wrong with starting out with something simple. Then when the day comes you may actually be able to appreciate a really nice instrument when you get it, because you have seen the other side. This can be a mind blowing experience. At the same time, however, there is nothing wrong with starting out with a real nice thing. It's just a matter of the way things go down in a particular person's life I guess.

So, you're rollin' with a guitar! Great. We know that it will definitely take you somewhere; nobody knows exactly where, but it's gonna be a trip.

Keep us tuned in. We like to hear how people are doing. And we are also great at encouraging you to - spend more money.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent choice. Get practicing! Enjoy the ride.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!"--Carl Brutananadilewski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raywongks View Post
    I pick this one up on my way home today, a Washburn WD7, 200 dollar, it sound okay. Started working with a guiding book, started on the 1st, 2nd string, just BCDEFG notes. The 10,000 hours clock started now. It is fun!
    Perfect!

that will get you well on your way. Enjoy. Keep us posted.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12