Thread: Epiphone SG Custom Shop Limited Edition Trans Blue Modified...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Epiphone SG Custom Shop Limited Edition Trans Blue Modified...

Hi everyone, Im a newbie here, and I found this forum after looking for some info on one of my Epi SG's Its a discontinued Trans Blue in Mint Condish with a genuine bigsby trem, Gibby Speed knobs, and Terry Rogers 1962 Humbuckers.

My question is, what is the value of this? I cant find an answer anywhere?

I will post pics after someone can send me in the right forum direction.

Epiphone...the epicenter of sound

Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to The Fret.

Your guitar's value is whatever you paid for it
    Doing a quick search, Epi CS SG's typically go for $150 to $350 bucks.

W. Branch of Susquehanna River, Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like a nice SG.

I have seen in the past that the "so called" Epiphone Custom Shop guitars exist in a, it seems, purely marketing environment and that the Custom Shop label is painted on there to indicate that it is a sort of special edition or some sort of sales ploy; because there evidently does not exist a physical, real, Epiphone - Custom Shop. As in a workshop specially dedicated to making Epiphone Custom Shop Guitars. It seems to be a label on the headstock. Possibly the guitars are made to some other standard than the run of the mill models.

I have an Epi, so called, "Custom Shop" copy of a '66 Gibson Standard SG that is also called a "School of Rock" SG limited edition. It is nice but looks like the regular decent, high gloss, G400s.

I think the Epiphone "Custom Shop" is a figment of the imagination rather than a physical place.

It does sound like a real cool guitar though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    It sounds like a nice SG.

I have seen in the past that the "so called" Epiphone Custom Shop guitars exist in a, it seems, purely marketing environment and that the Custom Shop label is painted on there to indicate that it is a sort of special edition or some sort of sales ploy; because there evidently does not exist a physical, real, Epiphone - Custom Shop. As in a workshop specially dedicated to making Epiphone Custom Shop Guitars. It seems to be a label on the headstock. Possibly the guitars are made to some other standard than the run of the mill models.

I have an Epi, so called, "Custom Shop" copy of a '66 Gibson Standard SG that is also called a "School of Rock" SG limited edition. It is nice but looks like the regular decent, high gloss, G400s.

I think the Epiphone "Custom Shop" is a figment of the imagination rather than a physical place.

It does sound like a real cool guitar though.
    Yes, its an amazing guitar. It says Custom Shop Limited Edition on the back of the headstock right where headstock meets neck. But, I agree I think its just a gimmick to give it that Ooooh, it s custom shop vibe. Theres a picture of it on my gear page:
    http://jasonkerr.org/Jason_Kerr_Mini...Gear_Page.html

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's a great guitar. It does have a logo on the back of head/neck stock that says CUSTOM SHOP LIMITED EDITION, which is like you said, probably a gimmick. But, nonetheless its a a great axe. Heres a link to my gear page for viewing.

http://jasonkerr.org/Jason_Kerr_Mini...Gear_Page.html