Thread: EPI LP Jr., tune-o-matic bridge upgrade???'s

Post Thanks / Like

Default EPI LP Jr., tune-o-matic bridge upgrade???'s

I have an Epi LP Jr., it has the wraparound bridge and I was considering modding it to have a tune-o-matic.

A couple of questions tho.

First, will either the abr-1 or nashville style bridges even fit the existing posts?

B: Any opinions on going with the standard stopbar tailpiece or I am also considering doing a string-thru-body design.

Thanks fretters, sound off!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious as to what you expect to gain with such a mod.

The Asian spec parts are not the same size as USA Gibson parts, so you'll need the correct size bridge in order to match the existing post locations. Ferrules for string-thru are available from the likes of stewmac.com.

Post Thanks / Like

book, I am just a tinkerer and cannot leave good enough alone, just looking to do something different. Maybe add a little more sustain, or just to have something noone else does. The guitar has a p-94 in it and she screams, I play it in a garage rock type group, mostly punk/grunge type stuff. It's not my main guitar for my main band, just something different I picked up on the cheap and have been tinkering ever since.

Post Thanks / Like

SSD, sounds like fun - lots of folks mod Epi Juniors, so I'm not really surprised. Guitar Fetish has Asian-spec parts that might work for you, like this bridge, for example:

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Large-Bu...dge_p_444.html

Post Thanks / Like

thats a big help, book. ill admit i'm leaning towards the string thru idea, ferrulles are cheap and i dont think ive seen a lp jr done that way